Reverb question

Samhain

Banned
If reverb makes a judgment against me and there is not enough money in my bank account to cover what they're taking is that a "bounce" with my bank ?
And do most banks give reverb debits w/o enough balance to cover ?
And can reverb debit my account w/o my consent or knowledge ?

Call you bank an stop any payments with Reverb. Or close the account and open a new one if you are worried about it.

A bank may or may not pay the overdraft. Either way, they'll hit you with an insufficient funds charge as well.

Call you bank an stop any payments with Reverb. Or close the account and open a new one if you are worried about it.

A bank may or may not pay the overdraft. Either way, they'll hit you with an insufficient funds charge as well.
Ive been a Reverb buyer for a few years but not a seller.
CL is so dead im almost tempted to sell on verb but not hip to giving access to my bank account info. Not happening.

They just changed the rules on that one. If you owe money to reverb and you close your account they will chase you legally and charge you for any court costs/legal fees.

I highly suggest anyone who hasn’t sold on reverb yet definitely read Etsy’s bylaws - it’s not reverb that we all grew to know, it’s a legit fucking storefront with your shit in the window as far as they’re considered.

To the OP they will draft your account without your permission and if you don’t have the funds you’re going to get an overdraft fee from your bank.

Normally you could just put it on a CC and If you got a chargeback then the cash forwarding fee is all you had to worry about from your CC company. Now you have to sync your bank account so they can debit directly from your account.

I will not use Reverb. Haven't for around 2 years. I don't agree with the politics they interject into their business platform. Stay neutral as a business, don't flaunt your personal views on your front page during a political movement. Turned me off immediately and I don't give them any business, buying or selling. I’ll leave the details intentionally vague, because I don't want to be hypocritically political myself. That's the best way I can lay it out.

Last edited:
They just changed the rules on that one. If you owe money to reverb and you close your account they will chase you legally and charge you for any court costs/legal fees.

I highly suggest anyone who hasn’t sold on reverb yet definitely read Etsy’s bylaws - it’s not reverb that we all grew to know, it’s a legit fucking storefront with your shit in the window as far as they’re considered.

To the OP they will draft your account without your permission and if you don’t have the funds you’re going to get an overdraft fee from your bank.

Normally you could just put it on a CC and If you got a chargeback then the cash forwarding fee is all you had to worry about from your CC company. Now you have to sync your bank account so they can debit directly from your account.
Sounds like Reverb is laughing all the way to the bank, what a nightmare.
I can't believe in 2021 a company with predatory business practices like this thrives.

giphy.gif

A buddy of mine may be about to find out. He sold a guitar on Reverb a few weeks ago and now the buyer is hitting him with weird questions that insinuate the item was misrepresented, despite everything having been clearly stated in the listing.

It was a fairly expensive piece and he had to use the money from it to pay vet bills for his dog. Now he feels like the sword of Damocles is dangling over his head and this guy is going to try and open a dispute and get back the money that’s already spent.

Given the listing can be referred back to, proving the item was presented honestly, I would like to think this isn’t going to happen.

A buddy of mine may be about to find out. He sold a guitar on Reverb a few weeks ago and now the buyer is hitting him with weird questions that insinuate the item was misrepresented, despite everything having been clearly stated in the listing.

It was a fairly expensive piece and he had to use the money from it to pay vet bills for his dog. Now he feels like the sword of Damocles is dangling over his head and this guy is going to try and open a dispute and get back the money that’s already spent.

Given the listing can be referred back to, proving the item was presented honestly, I would like to think this isn’t going to happen.
I sold my Marshall this year for the same reason and made damn fucking sure it was a cash deal.

I actually forgot I pulled the tubes from it when I moved for safety and shipped them seperately (once I found the box they were in)

Regardless the money was gone to bills within days. No way I’d risk a sale on reverb when funds couldn’t be kept safe.

I hate that the new standard is if you sell online you’re automatically a business - no sales are final because pussies and quitters have money too and their opinions matter.

The fluffer butt that it went to:

DD5FB9B8-079A-41F0-B090-450068EAC572.jpeg

I sold my Marshall this year for the same reason and made damn fucking sure it was a cash deal.

I actually forgot I pulled the tubes from it when I moved for safety and shipped them seperately (once I found the box they were in)

Regardless the money was gone to bills within days. No way I’d risk a sale on reverb when funds couldn’t be kept safe.

I hate that the new standard is if you sell online you’re automatically a business - no sales are final because pussies and quitters have money too and their opinions matter.

The fluffer butt that it went to:

View attachment 97178
It was worth it.

Had a bit of a run with reverb this week. Here’s a fun story…

Three days ago i got a message from their department saying this:

Your account has been flagged for violating our off-site/fee avoidance policy.

No transactions may be carried out via private message as a means to avoid Reverb's fees or applicable taxes. Any other efforts to move transactions initiated on Reverb off-site are strictly prohibited.

We want to advise we will consider continuing to use the site as agreement to our Terms & Policies.

Please note that further policy violations will result in account review or closure.

Now the fun part - i was exchanging messages with a potential buyer. After i sold a bkp pickup this week where i listed it for 120 eur and had to pay a sellers tax of fucken 40eur (on a second hand item) i just told the potential buyer via a pm that if he has an alternative sugestion to deal outside of reverb that we can figure something out and i can be more flexible with the price he had been asking for. I said that i absolutely despise what reverb has become with these new policies and i got an email from ‘hi this is logan from reverb….’

Apparently they are monitoring any conversations that we have. Its funny if you think about it because as a seller i can decide wherever the f i wish to list my items.

99% of my deals are on fb marketplace where we agree on an upfront payment and all works just fine. So what the f are they talking about here? :_)

Let me also say that i paid all my bills on time each time no matter what tax they decided to charge me with. It was actually my first line of response stating that i have no pending payments of any sort. So whats wrong with me sayin - hey if you want to deal outside of reverb we definitely can.

Going direct is the only way to go. Sadly, most sellers on Reverb are completely terrified of doing that. I think it's a combination of what was posted above, employees are monitoring messages, and people hear horror stories of scams and are rightfully cautious.

RT, FB, Craigslist are the ways to go these days. FB has a huge reach and charges zero fees.

Back