Shrapnel Records

I absolutely lived for this entire line-up during my formative and playing-out years. I gotta say, MacAlpine Maximum Security for the win. To me, the main melodies to the tunes on that album are just so catchy and musically interesting. Not just harmonized scale sequences in time with the drummer in between all out shred blasts. (Although I love that sh*t, too). Maximum just had hook melody after hook melody after hook melody. Incredible lead work. And - to my ear anyway - very good production.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. My condolences. Having 2 Frenchies, I feel that pain too. I cringe every time one of mine jumps from top of couch. Godspeed!
Thanks!! They are like flying pigs. Actually one of mine can jump like a little deer. They are both 3 1/2 from the same breeder, but different parents and body shapes. The one that got hurt is more text book Frenchie body shape.

I saw Tony at a guitar clinic back in the mid 80's. The only negative was that he played the entire gig through a Rockman. :sick:

I absolutely lived for this entire line-up during my formative and playing-out years. I gotta say, MacAlpine Maximum Security for the win. To me, the main melodies to the tunes on that album are just so catchy and musically interesting. Not just harmonized scale sequences in time with the drummer in between all out shred blasts. (Although I love that sh*t, too). Maximum just had hook melody after hook melody after hook melody. Incredible lead work. And - to my ear anyway - very good production.
I think Maximum Security was on a different and bigger label if I remember correctly.

EDIT:

Maximum Security is the second studio album by guitarist Tony MacAlpine, released in 1987 through PolyGram. It is his only release to enter the U.S. Billboard 200, reaching No. 146 and remaining on that chart for eleven weeks.

Last edited:
This defines Shrapnel to me.

probably my most listened to shrapnel lp!
i really wish yngwie was dio’s guitar player from the jump and that they had a major producer.

racer X second heat had good production.
firkins, macalpine, moore, howe, becker…all ripped. remember dave chastain and joey tafolla?

Thanks!! They are like flying pigs. Actually one of mine can jump like a little deer. They are both 3 1/2 from the same breeder, but different parents and body shapes. The one that got hurt is more text book Frenchie body shape.
I bet their asses stink as bad as my 2.

probably my most listened to shrapnel lp!
i really wish yngwie was dio’s guitar player from the jump and that they had a major producer.

racer X second heat had good production.
firkins, macalpine, moore, howe, becker…all ripped. remember dave chastain and joey tafolla?
Yngwie and dio from the jump would have been insane !

Back