R.I.P. Howard Dumble?

RedPlated

Read on FB (LA Vintage Gear) that he passed away today. Sounds credible but I haven’t heard any solid info.

Anyone else hear this?

He was still building amps. Kenny Wayne Shepherd said he has 6 dumbles hidden in fender headshells live
I had no idea, I thought he passed away about 15 years ago.

No idea how I came to that conclusion, maybe I had him confused with Ken Fischer.

Regardless... RIP.

As long at MC gets no where near his work bench all will be ok in world. Sad he kept so many ideas so secret, its just guitar tone not nuclear codes...

As long at MC gets no where near his work bench all will be ok in world. Sad he kept so many ideas so secret, its just guitar tone not nuclear codes...

The problem is that in the times we live in everyone wants to start an amp "company" meanwhile they take ideas they've seen on a paint by numbers layout with little to no investment or R&D.

The sad part is how little knowledge of basic electronics work most of these people have.. they just copy what they see and try to be the flavor of the week.

There is a difference between tinkering around with this stuff for your hobby/ fun and having the balls to slap your name on someone else's circuit and starting a company.

There are only so many different things you can do with a triode and tubes.

Anyways ....

REST IN PEACE DR D !

Back