Original Mark IIC+ SR Realistic Value

Six Stringer

Realistic value of an original Mark IIC+ SR with a head shell, original combo shell and both with reverb tanks.

I'm looking to buy, not sell.

Last edited:
Whatever the other internet morons are currently paying. Plenty of other amps that sound just as good, but you're going to pay big for that sharpie scribble on the chassis if that's what you want.

Realistic value of an original Mark IIC+ SR with a head shell, original combo shell and both with reverb tanks.

I'm looking to buy, not sell.
I’ve seen them go $4500 to $6000 in actual sales I’ve watched . Which is still crazy but has happened

They are amazing sounding amps, but the market has now entered batshit crazy territory.

giphy.gif

:D:D:D

I've had 6 IIC+, and the one with the best pure tone without question was a SR. No GEQ needed, that amp ripped faces off.

That said, most of them do need a GEQ or PEQ to sound best. But not all. Moral of the story is don't discount a no EQ Super 60.

Price? Throw a dart at a board these days. Pre-covid it was a $2500-$2800 amp.

I had a chance to get a non eq IIB combo a couple years ago for like a 1000 bux and I passed. Would an eq in the loop or out front hit it like the built in ones?

An EQ in the loop of a IIB+, IIC+ or III is similar enough that you'll never notice the difference on stage. To add, I generally prefer a PEQ in the loop most (but not all) of the time.

Note that the IIB and the IIC had questionable loops.

In the bedroom, the onboard GEQ is more organic than most EQ you can put in the loop- but nowhere near as versatile as say a PEQ.

I've got vid clips comparing various GEQ, PEQ, no EQ on my YT channel.

This is what my non eq mark III no stripe sounded like . I don't know about you but to me it certainly doesn't sound like a joke lol

Ok. That sounds fine. Is there an EQ in the loop in that clip? There is no guitar cable plugged in or power on. I know what a Mark series amp sounds like with the EQ out and it does sound like a joke.

Back