I see a lot of new faces here

311splawndude

I see a lot of new faces here. Just wondering why?

Dudes with 10 - 200 posts that I just don't recognize. Curious if you dudes are posting more on R-T because TGP is lame? Is it because you feel like you can express yourself better here without backlash? Is it because you dudes are just trying to get to 50 posts so you can B/S/T? Are you dudes just getting back into guitar again after a break?

Just curious.

I mean if you are, then welcome to R-T. :yes: Post up. Tell us your story. Most of us regulars really like this place and we pretty much all get along real well, even when we disagree. We have very little spam/trolling as well. We have kick ass Mods too - which helps. Carry on.

Last edited:
I see a lot of new faces here. Just wondering why?

Dudes with 10 - 200 posts that I just don't recognize. Curious if you dudes are posting more on R-T because TGP is lame? Is it because you feel like you can express yourself better here without backlash? Is it because you dudes are just trying to get to 50 posts so you can B/S/T? Are you dudes just getting back into guitar again after a break?

Just curious.

I mean if you are, then welcome to R-T. :yes: Post up. Tell us your story. Most of us regulars really like this place and we pretty much all get along real well, even when we disagree. We have very little spam/trolling as well. We have kick ass Mods too - which helps. Carry on.
Nigel convinced me to join a while back after we came in contact from a cab he had posted on Craigslist.....and he kept texting me. After I saw I couldn't participate in classifieds I just wrote this place off for a while. Like I said in another post, I get why there is some mechanism there, but its irritating no less. I like to buy and sell gear and without being able to do that, it kind of ruins the point of being here for me. I recently decided to participate and see if anything fruitful comes of it.

Nigel convinced me to join a while back after we came in contact from a cab he had posted on Craigslist.....and he kept texting me. After I saw I couldn't participate in classifieds I just wrote this place off for a while. Like I said in another post, I get why there is some mechanism there, but its irritating no less. I like to buy and sell gear and without being able to do that, it kind of ruins the point of being here for me. I recently decided to participate and see if anything fruitful comes of it.
Nigel is good people and has respect here for sure. Glad he talked you into it. I can see the 50 post count thing being irritating. I'm hopefully done with BST for now so it doesn't affect me, but it definitely helps protect the R-T Sellers here who are trying to give a good deal to a fellow forumite without the hassle of tire kickers and trolls.

Glad you're here and love your username :yes:
:cheers:

(Disclaimer: not new)

I was a regular at the ESP forum site (back when it was cool to be there), and felt lost when they changed their entire format. I was a regular at the General sub -- it was great for the lolz. TGP is .... not very relevant to what I like guitar- and music-wise. I initially came here to buy (and sometimes sell) and have had super smooth transactions, but I'm finding myself checking this sub daily.

@Bro KV I recognize your image/name from the ESP forum. Hope you're doing well.

Nigel is good people and has respect here for sure. Glad he talked you into it. I can see the 50 post count thing being irritating. I'm hopefully done with BST for now so it doesn't affect me, but it definitely helps protect the R-T Sellers here who are trying to give a good deal to a fellow forumite without the hassle of tire kickers and trolls.

Glad you're here and love your username :yes:
:cheers:
Yeah, I definitely see the point of it, it helps ensure you aren't dealing with a bunch of jackoffs. I just wish there were another mechanism to achieve the same result. If me being here eventually leads to me getting some gear I've been hunting, all will be forgotten. I've been looking for a Naked for quite some time, so if anyone has any leads.

I`ve been lurking around here for ages. Lately I`ve joined some gear related groups on FB and started posting there so I thought I can write something here and there on RT too. Still, english isn`t my first language which was always the nr. one barrier to participate in discussions, but I`m getting used more and more to the gear related jargon and auto-correction definitely helps too :)

I got banned from the Gibson Facebook page for saying that Murphy labs were a waste of money aimed at collectors with no talent or balls to scuff one up on their own.

The reason given for the ban was that it was a fan page and you can’t talk shit about Gibson.

Granted I own four of them…two of them Norlin customs which I’m sure they would drool over.

Guess I spoke the truth and it hit a little too close to home to a mod 😂😂

I got banned from the Gibson Facebook page for saying that Murphy labs were a waste of money aimed at collectors with no talent to or balls to scuff one up on their own.

The reason given for the ban was that it was a fan page and you can’t talk shit about Gibson.

Granted I own four of them…two of them Norlin customs which I’m sure they would drool over.

Guess I spoke the truth and it hit a little too close to home to a mod 😂😂
If talking shit about Gibson is a bannable offense, how have any forums survived the last 10 years? Gibson has done nothing but give us reasons to bag on them.

Back on topic, I found the site through YouTube back in 2008. I was searching for a Cameron ocean modded plexi. I registered to look for one in the classifieds and ended up staying.

Dodged a huge bullet not actually getting anything Cameron. Back then the shit hadn’t hit the ceiling yet.

If talking shit about Gibson is a bannable offense, how have any forums survived the last 10 years? Gibson has done nothing but give us reasons to bag on them.
I guess I hadn’t uploaded any photos to show I was an owner and avid user (both new and old, 2018, 2019, 1976, 1985) and they assumed I was a troll.

It’s why I don’t like Facebook groups. Too much control for people to get pissy, and they all have spin-off groups that make them all uselessly redundant.

Back