Fed Ex changing their insurance policy and it sucks!

So I called again this morning and after speaking with a manager in the revenue department about my Fed Ex account and someone who actually can speak perfect English after really looking into it for me he told me the policy has indeed been changed to 1000 coverage and that any online documentation that says otherwise hasn't been updated. JFYI,

In other words this does indeed suck!

I guess third party insurance or the option as someone mentioned selling on Reverb with their sellers shipping protection is the options now available.

Ok after speaking to another person ( Can't believe how much time I have wasted on this ) if it's under electronics it is covered meaning amps most likely ? but if it's under musical instrument meaning any stringed instrument then it is only covered for up to 1000

More for less, due to inflation and administrative policies over the last 5 years. We are paying more for far less, getting taxed on already taxed goods, then taxed again by 1099, with high liability. I am pretty much set on my gear acquisitions, but this is just bullshit and another step towards digital currency and control.

Well they make more money on the third party insurance, they dont want to be liable for anything anymore... especially since in the last 2 years they've probably had SO many claims since the massive increase in shipping, as well as so many items lost / stolen / destroyed due to riots... they wanna bow out of it all together.

Are they talking about "insurance" or "declared value" Because declared value has no limitations other than what I linked to above. Declared value is not "insurance"

4 different people at Fed Ex have all said the same thing that stringed instruments be only be covered in the event of loss or damage up to 1000.00 but electronics are covered up to 50,000 which makes no sense... Either way I am not selling anymore 3000 plus dollar guitars with them only to be told they are only covered for 1000.

FedEx is the absolute worst to deal with when things go wrong. I never send anything of value through them anymore. I had everything from things go missing to the drivers not delivering them, and not returning them to the hub so I couldn't pick them up either.

FedEx is the absolute worst to deal with when things go wrong. I never send anything of value through them anymore. I had everything from things go missing to the drivers not delivering them, and not returning them to the hub so I couldn't pick them up either.
Same can be said of UPS. Only way to get recourse through them, is to pay through the nose for a UPS store to pack so THEY are liable if damage occurs. I had a 1x12 combo get impaled…they said it wasn’t packed well enough.
AGAINST BEING IMPALED?????
Oh ok..next time I’ll plan for my package being used as a javelin target.

I
Funny as I have had much better luck with them than UPS . Either way this Insurance Bullshit really takes all of the fun out of all this buying and selling that's for sure.

Same can be said of UPS. Only way to get recourse through them, is to pay through the nose for a UPS store to pack so THEY are liable if damage occurs. I had a 1x12 combo get impaled…they said it wasn’t packed well enough.
AGAINST BEING IMPALED?????
Oh ok..next time I’ll plan for my package being used as a javelin target.
Was your package being delivered in a BMP through Ukraine?

Maybe that Reverb seller protection is going to start looking much more attractive if you don't mind keeping track of all your sales and maybe some profits and paying taxes on already taxed used items at the end of the year?:doh:

I wonder how much shit like this affected the change?

AP22014675927076.jpg

You can also try shipping at a university mail center also. Most run as a service to the enterprise so they don’t charge a whole lot of extra plus they get discounted rates - particularly for larger institutions.

Back