What was you’re first guitar?

My first was a Hondo single pickup bolt on LP copy. (good lord…)
Fuck yeah - Hondo baby! My first 6 string was a terrible Hondo Flying V that had been passed around 4 or 5 of my high school friends, abused more each time. It started red, then yellow (spray paint?) , then black, then black & yellow tiger stripes (house paint??), then mercifully belt sanded to bare wood & left unfinished. Friend's machinist father helped us install a bottom of the line Kahler tremolo (because FUCK YEAH WHAMMY BAR, WOOOHOO) despite absolutely no understanding of luthier techniques, routed it free hand on kitchen table, miraculously it resulted in marginally acceptable action & intonation that was about on par with the factory hardtail. Pretty sure his dad could have made a particle accelerator if we brought him a Morley wah. That garbage V was what I learned to go from bass to 6 string, 2 years later I gave it to another unsuspecting victim when I got my 79 LP, which I still own. There's a dead patch of grass in a landfill somewhere where the Hondo is buried, RIP.

Washburn Lyon strat copy. photo circa 1996 so metal
10881529_10152705765451715_4022471023893690632_n.jpg
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
That guitar is gorgeous. The local music store in my hometown had a translucent red Kramer Floyd Rose Signature model that a buddy of mine bought (Circa 1985?) Don’t know if he still has it.
Thanks, really nice guitars. I would recommend if you can get your hands on it.

Reactions: PDC
I had one of these.
El Degas Les Paul copy
ulb55a6beb3onpeexjht.jpg

I mean, I so appreciated the guitar because I got my start at playing on it, had my first gig with it, but I hated this particular guitar with a passion!

One of our relatives had it and my folks bought it for me from them along with a glorius Darius D12 amp which was equally as despicable.
Had to start somewhere and that was it. Forever grateful to my folks for getting me this at 10 years old. It was a lot easier to play then the acoustic that I play for the 2 years previously.

Reactions: Geo
My first guitar was an Aria Pro II "The Cat" but traded Rob Keeley straight up for his Ibanez Roadstar II. Here I am playing it in Taegu Korea' practicing with my first band playing Cinderella songs, lol
1987 Ibanez RG440P Roadstar II
I saved this catalog because I am always on the lookout for another one. This was the only guitar I had for 20 years.

View attachment 111997
Dude, I traded Robert Keeley my Aria Pro II "The Cat" for his Ibanez Roadstar II. I think it was a bit different from that one but maybe not. Here is a pic of me in Taegu Korea playing it at a show 🤣
20200622_114019.jpg

I wanted a LP copy out of the Montgomery Wards catalog in the worse way. Was disappointed to find this under the Christmas tree

Attachments

• 55E85898-F441-464D-B7A1-23A5DA238B78.png
    55E85898-F441-464D-B7A1-23A5DA238B78.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 30
Back