Furman PQ3 and PQ4 replicas in pedal form is now available!

eljodon

To anyone who likes Furman PQ3 and PQ4 racks there's a company that makes replicas in pedal form. I purchased the PQ3 pedal version and it sounds extremely close to the rack(perhaps 95%!) The company is called DBeffects PH and they make other replicas like the MXR doubler in a pedal. It's a small company and it takes about a month to get it since they build them after you purchase it. They apparently only sell their products on Reverb. Here's the link https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=DBeffects
I think the guy that makes it is a Pantera fan which Dimebag used rely on a Furman PQ4 and MXR Doubler(also MXR 6 band eq.

I've been using a Furman PQ3 for years and when used on the input of an amp you get a nice heavy tone.

Attachments

• tempImageZkpFMY.png
    tempImageZkpFMY.png
    13.1 MB · Views: 650
interesting... can we see some insides? i'm not paying 300 for surface mounted components, and bullshit construction. inside the furman is like looking at an original 2204 board or something. very neat, widely spaced components, and a real analog circuit. if its got the sound and a low noise floor, i may have to pick one up. parameterics are fun.

To anyone who likes Furman PQ3 and PQ4 racks there's a company that makes replicas in pedal form. I purchased the PQ3 pedal version and it sounds extremely close to the rack(perhaps 95%!) The company is called DBeffects PH and they make other replicas like the MXR doubler in a pedal. It's a small company and it takes about a month to get it since they build them after you purchase it. They apparently only sell their products on Reverb. Here's the link https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=DBeffects
I think the guy that makes it is a Pantera fan which Dimebag used rely on a Furman PQ4 and MXR Doubler(also MXR 6 band eq.

I've been using a Furman PQ3 for years and when used on the input of an amp you get a nice heavy tone.
Any clips?

Here's a view of both circuits. I've used the Furman PQ 3 for about 20 years so I'm very familiar how it sounds.The difference I hear is that the rack version sounds like it has a slight narrower bandwidth when setting it all the way back, but I don't think that the average player wouldn't use such an extreme setting.The pedal version retains the low end better than the rack which I think it's an improvement.The shipping was free but you pay taxes on it. I was $250 plus $23.76 of tax(which in Ca it's almost10%!!)

Attachments

• tempImagemqEShW.png
    tempImagemqEShW.png
    14.3 MB · Views: 378
  • tempImageWmZoYP.png
    tempImageWmZoYP.png
    8.7 MB · Views: 254
Here's a view of both circuits. I've used the Furman PQ 3 for about 20 years so I'm very familiar how it sounds.The difference I hear is that the rack version sounds like it has a slight narrower bandwidth when setting it all the way back, but I don't think that the average player wouldn't use such an extreme setting.The pedal version retains the low end better than the rack which I think it's an improvement.The shipping was free but you pay taxes on it. I was $250 plus $23.76 of tax(which in Ca it's almost10%!!)

Looks promising.. I was hoping Friedman would do this years ago, fantastic someone did! Now let's hear it pushing a Superlead for some Warren D. Out of the Cellar tones. ( even though I know that was a fender through a marshall for part of the leads)

Looks promising.. I was hoping Friedman would do this years ago, fantastic someone did! Now let's hear it pushing a Superlead for some Warren D. Out of the Cellar tones. ( even though I know that was a fender through a marshall for part of the leads)
Me too!

Back