Gol Damn Jon sounds like shit...

Yeah, I think he blew out his voice for good when touring for the New Jersey album back in... 1989? 1990? He never sounded remotely the same when trying to work around it, and after 30 odd years of decline I´m not surprised if it just hit rock bottom now.

On a related note, I saw a few clips of the new Journey tour and Arnel Pineda appears to be totally shot now too. Out of tune and struggling. When you´ve been around long enough to march the young replacement singer into old age you really should pack it up.

i've seen soundcheck footage posted on another board of him, and people made the excuse "well, its soundcheck, and he doesn't want to blow his voice out".
clearly hes done. don't worry, your local, corporate rock radio station will still play him 10 times a day as if he is still current.
who still wants to hear those fucking songs!?! low hanging fruit.

I just can't understand why these guys can't just give it up when they know it's done. Or if you want to continue on, find some young stud to sing and make it a brand. Whitesnake essentially is doing this. Smart move. The guys can tune back up and we can get things moving again..

Wow that was terrible! I like Bon Jovi and respect him but that was painful watching the video. As much as I hate to say this, he might be able to give Vince a run for his money.

Jon has admitted in recent interviews that he cannot sing like he used to & is unable to hit the notes like he used to. The sad part is he doesn't need the Money, just retire already. I have free tickets to the show coming up in Ft. Lauderdale.....should be interesting.

I just can't understand why these guys can't just give it up when they know it's done. Or if you want to continue on, find some young stud to sing and make it a brand. Whitesnake essentially is doing this. Smart move. The guys can tune back up and we can get things moving again..
He should stick to studio work if he wants to keep making music. I assume, the only way to fill the bank account, is to play out.

I see Phil X now. They kept showing some other dude on the big screen playing the licks on "you give love a bad name" which was confusing lol

Jon has admitted in recent interviews that he cannot sing like he used to & is unable to hit the notes like he used to. The sad part is he doesn't need the Money, just retire already. I have free tickets to the show coming up in Ft. Lauderdale.....should be interesting.

Once you have all that money.. you have to be honest with yourself and ask "why" you are doing it. Don't be selfish and say it is for the fans because they aren't getting their money's worth. Do other stuff. Maybe mentor bands, do session work or work with younger bands and help write tunes etc..

His voice has been going down the tubes for years. He's not "on" anything. When he started losing his voice years ago, he began singing in a very nasally fashion and it's just gotten worse. It's like listening to Katherine Hepburn try to sing. Further, he's just not that entertaining anymore the whole presentation just screams lounge.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think he blew out his voice for good when touring for the New Jersey album back in... 1989? 1990? He never sounded remotely the same when trying to work around it, and after 30 odd years of decline I´m not surprised if it just hit rock bottom now.

On a related note, I saw a few clips of the new Journey tour and Arnel Pineda appears to be totally shot now too. Out of tune and struggling. When you´ve been around long enough to march the young replacement singer into old age you really should pack it up.
As much as I love Neal, they refuse to tune down. They blew out Perry's voice, Augeri's voice and I agree, Arnels is/has been going for awhile. Thank goodness Dean was able to get his act back together, that dude is money on the drums and vocals.

Once you have all that money.. you have to be honest with yourself and ask "why" you are doing it. Don't be selfish and say it is for the fans because they aren't getting their money's worth. Do other stuff. Maybe mentor bands, do session work or work with younger bands and help write tunes etc..

well, im sure his crew has over 100 people and probably 15 tractor trailers worth of gear which is all probably rented out, all the booking agents, the pilots and mechanics working on his private jets... many people would be out of work if he was to hang it up

Back