Gol Damn Jon sounds like shit...

The guys try to sing like they did in the 80’s and sound sick instead of trying to arrange the songs to fit their ability. While not as popular, but far harder to pull off, miljenko matijevic (STEELHEART) does this and seems to still pull it off much better

I haven’t read this thread in it’s entirety so I’m not opposed to nor surprised getting my ass kicked in by my own doings in this post:

For every person saying that Jon can’t sing well (including Jon himself) and suggests he’s doing it only for the money, there are legions of fans that would be disappointed and more than upset if he called it quits. And I imagine Jon feels a certain loyalty and obligation to those people who have followed him all these years.

Attending a Bon Jovi concert for many people is more about a good feeling , the fever of a crowd with common adoration for Bon Jovi and the memories his music brings, singing along . Smiling with and hi-fiving the stranger standing next to you. Not about the quality of musicianship.
I would wager that if Ritchie came back wearing his cowboy hat playing his classic guitars with star inlays and double neck, throngs of fans would be thrilled even if he played out of tune and hit a few clams during solos.

My .005 (2cents adjusted for inflation)
You’d think that “loyalty and obligation” would hold him to a much higher standard concerning his performance, considering ticket prices.

Once you have all that money.. you have to be honest with yourself and ask "why" you are doing it. Don't be selfish and say it is for the fans because they aren't getting their money's worth. Do other stuff. Maybe mentor bands, do session work or work with younger bands and help write tunes etc..
Amen. The guy's worth 400 million. What's the point? I suppose performing still brings personal happiness, but if you get to the point where you absolutely suck, hang it up.

The guys try to sing like they did in the 80’s and sound sick instead of trying to arrange the songs to fit their ability. While not as popular, but far harder to pull off, miljenko matijevic (STEELHEART) does this and seems to still pull it off much better

Now I have to urge to watch Rockstar after this! BTW, who wrote the song Stand Up for the movie? Sorry for going off topic but I must ask.

Maybe he forgot to gargle and spit after his last vocal session?

giphy.gif

That stuff builds up and can lead to infection...

I really feel sorry for drummers that beat the shit out of there body and then get the "has-been" when they can't hold tempo in the studio.

I haven’t read this thread in it’s entirety so I’m not opposed to nor surprised getting my ass kicked in by my own doings in this post:

For every person saying that Jon can’t sing well (including Jon himself) and suggests he’s doing it only for the money, there are legions of fans that would be disappointed and more than upset if he called it quits. And I imagine Jon feels a certain loyalty and obligation to those people who have followed him all these years.

Attending a Bon Jovi concert for many people is more about a good feeling , the fever of a crowd with common adoration for Bon Jovi and the memories his music brings, singing along . Smiling with and hi-fiving the stranger standing next to you. Not about the quality of musicianship.
I would wager that if Ritchie came back wearing his cowboy hat playing his classic guitars with star inlays and double neck, throngs of fans would be thrilled even if he played out of tune and hit a few clams during solos.

My .005 (2cents adjusted for inflation)
It's called EGO!

They've also dropped their tuning but he can still more or less get there which is incredible! So yes, the audience is getting their money's worth here and continuing to tour totally makes sense. Those songs are so ridiculous to sing it is mind boggling that he reaches those notes AND still has abs lol. My abs stayed in my 30's, my 40's are all about pear shaped dad.

I just can't understand why these guys can't just give it up when they know it's done. Or if you want to continue on, find some young stud to sing and make it a brand. Whitesnake essentially is doing this. Smart move. The guys can tune back up and we can get things moving again..

You can't do that with Bon Jovi :ROFLMAO: The man is the band. No Richie is bad enough but no Jon is just stupid. May as well be a cover band from that point on.

They just need to call it a day and retire.

Reactions: Geo
Not surprising to be honest. He could barely hit the notes in the late 80s, let alone now haha.

It's the same with all these washed up touring bands. Whitesnake, Leppard etc. It's like watching a bad tribute act. The "stage presence" is now just standing with one knee slightly bent for 2 hours... maybe walking forward and back a few times. Then the sound is usually all bass and kick drum, so you can't hear the folks on stage play their repetative blues licks. It's not good value for money either with such high ticket prices to fund their divorces. No amount of over the top lighting will make me excited to see a "has-been" wobble around on stage.

Not surprising to be honest. He could barely hit the notes in the late 80s, let alone now haha.

It's the same with all these washed up touring bands. Whitesnake, Leppard etc. It's like watching a bad tribute act. The "stage presence" is now just standing with one knee slightly bent for 2 hours... maybe walking forward and back a few times. Then the sound is usually all bass and kick drum, so you can't hear the folks on stage play their repetative blues licks. It's not good value for money either with such high ticket prices to fund their divorces. No amount of over the top lighting will make me excited to see a "has-been" wobble around on stage.
Leppard are not washed up. Since Joe's vocal operation, they sound way better.

I went to see Bon Jovi in Hawaii in 2010 because big acts rarely came when I was living there. It was the most boring concert I've ever seen and as a reference point, I had to go to a Kenny G concert in Hawaii once.

Jon was up front and the whole band was in the background with the lights dimmed. That pissed me off so much because those guys have been there with him since the 7800 Farenheit album. My daughter actually fell asleep. It blows my mind at how bad they are now.

Back