NPD!! Fortin Tempest!

napalmdeath

I'll make this one short and sweet... Arrived at 4:30, sold by 8:00.

Huge disappointment. I found mud, or thin. No sweet spot, and I spent a couple hours with it. Had no personality, no "feel", it was just bland, and uninspiring. My $58 SD-1 is still king.

Could be first batch blues, but the LPF and HPF seemed to do nothing but go from shit to a little less shitty, to shittier. I was hoping for a VFE Dragon kind of thing with some Fortin flavor....Not even close.

Is it that bad!! I just bought one less then 24 hours ago hahaha
I have the hexdrive and don’t get me wrong it’s nothing tooooo special but I do like it so figured I’d give the tempest a whirl cause I’m deff an overdrive head but shittt it’s that bad hey!!?

I'll make this one short and sweet... Arrived at 4:30, sold by 8:00.

Huge disappointment. I found mud, or thin. No sweet spot, and I spent a couple hours with it. Had no personality, no "feel", it was just bland, and uninspiring. My $58 SD-1 is still king.

Could be first batch blues, but the LPF and HPF seemed to do nothing but go from shit to a little less shitty, to shittier. I was hoping for a VFE Dragon kind of thing with some Fortin flavor....Not even close.
I have the hexdrive and don’t get me wrong it’s nothing tooooo special but I do like it so figured I’d give the tempest a whirl cause I’m deff an overdrive head but shittt it’s that bad hey!!?

Hexdrive is much better.

I want this because I love Architects but this review isn't helping, haha. I really like my Fortin Blade though.

Hexdrive is much better.
Dangggggg, I’m kinda upset I just spent $331 on it then 🤦🏼‍♂️ I’m gonna keep my fingers crossed that I somehow like it lol

The fortin custom shop maxon od-9 , Ibanez fortin modded ts-9 , zuul , hex etc etc I all love so I didn’t think there would be an issue here. But of course the one time I jump the gun haha

Dangggggg, I’m kinda upset I just spent $331 on it then 🤦🏼‍♂️ I’m gonna keep my fingers crossed that I somehow like it lol

The fortin custom shop maxon od-9 , Ibanez fortin modded ts-9 , zuul , hex etc etc I all love so I didn’t think there would be an issue here. But of course the one time I jump the gun haha
From where? I think with tax and shipping they're like $262.

At any rate, you might dig it. I didn't.

I didn’t realize at first it was only a boost with adjustable hi/low filters. I thought it was going to be an overdrive. I like how the Hex drive starts out as a boost and you can kick in the drive higher on the dial.

I definitely want a Fortin Evil Pumkin after playing the one they had at Winter NAMM back in 2020. That amp and the Cali both ripped.

Oh, and the other amp I really enjoyed playing at that NAMM show was the Dover DA-50.

I definitely want a Fortin Evil Pumkin after playing the one they had at Winter NAMM back in 2020. That amp and the Cali both ripped.

Oh, and the other amp I really enjoyed playing at that NAMM show was the Dover DA-50.
That Dover got my attention too. I'd really like to hear the power section fill in, and if its big and ballsy. A little Hiwatt flavor in the power section.

Back