Yngwie

There are millions of incredible shredders out there and not a one can hold my attention for more than a minute tops . I don't know what it is but they all are missing that extra something that really captivates me and can hold my attention and this includes Vai and Satch.

It's exceedingly rare when a guitarist is just as jaw dropping playing rhythm as they are playing lead and I just never see that these days.

The answer is Guthrie Govan, your welcome...

I love Yngwie's technique and his early work. Unfortunately, I can't listen to him live or any of his current work. He seems stuck. He appears to be a parody of himself. If he is happy, well, there's that. Id rather listen to Uli Roth, Tony Macalpine, or Guthrie Govan. These keep improving and making interesting music. Yngwie? Not so much...

He's so hard to watch...

You know he has the ability to outplay 99.9% of the people who'll ever pick up the instrument, and he still chooses to spend more time teasing his hair, throwing his guitar around, and throwing air kicks than actually playing. On the other hand, I do kind of have to respect him for sticking to his guns on that. He has to be aware that many of his fans can't stand that about him.

Those small windows of opportunity where you actually see him play, he's still amazing.

Best to not assume what others opinions are because in most cases what you think and like is very very different than what others think and like.
? Explain please. This is CCN, most trusted name in,... oops, sorry, I got you mixed up with something else, my bad.

? Explain please. This is CCN, most trusted name in,... oops, sorry, I got you mixed up with something else, my bad.

You serious ? You don't know what " Best not to assume what other peoples opinions are because in many cases they won't be what you think they will be " means ?

I have yet to hear anything from Guthrie that wow'ed me. Though to be fair I haven't heard much..

I don't get the Shawn Lane comparisons that I see people often make when talking about Guthrie.

But for Yngwie, I think 1986 was when he was an apex predator at his pinnacle peak.

I have yet to hear anything from Guthrie that wow'ed me. Though to be fair I haven't heard much..

I don't get the Shawn Lane comparisons that I see people often make when talking about Guthrie.

But for Yngwie, I think 1986 was when he was an apex predator at his pinnacle peak.

I'm not going to attempt to convince you to like him. I brought him up as an example of a guitarist that is continually evolving and improving all aspects of his craft.

Perhaps this clip will exemplify my point:

I personally think he is one of the greatest guitarists alive today...

I'm not going to attempt to convince you to like him. I brought him up as an example of a guitarist that is continually evolving and improving all aspects of his craft.

Perhaps this clip will exemplify my point:

I personally think he is one of the greatest guitarists alive today...

Guthrie is amazing. Don't mean to hijack the thread but have you ever listened to Jeff Kollman's solo stuff or his band Cosmosquad. If not look it up. He's one of the greatest practically unknown talents out there.

Guthrie is amazing. Don't mean to hijack the thread but have you ever listened to Jeff Kollman's solo stuff or his band Cosmosquad. If not look it up. He's one of the greatest practically unknown talents out there.
Too funny, I was just thinking this as I was scrolling down. Kollman is hands down my favorite current player and I'm a full Child of 80's Shred.....

Last night, Hobart Indiana.

Attachments

• E8844C3B-353F-4B2C-8A54-A288C7AEEDC6.jpeg
    E8844C3B-353F-4B2C-8A54-A288C7AEEDC6.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 36
More!!

Attachments

• AB96EBE7-8E89-4DEA-BDF9-656BE022D569.jpeg
    AB96EBE7-8E89-4DEA-BDF9-656BE022D569.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 33
  • 5EE3DF33-C064-4CFE-A28F-C5363C548196.jpeg
    5EE3DF33-C064-4CFE-A28F-C5363C548196.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 36
  • CF042FB2-0ACC-4EDB-BDE0-EA6FDCFF408D.jpeg
    CF042FB2-0ACC-4EDB-BDE0-EA6FDCFF408D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 41
Yngwie hasn't grown to the extent he should have. He has the stacks, leather, kicks, and the 1000 picks he throws out. I would love it if he just played, surrounded himself with other players that he seemed locked in with, etc

Back