Sell your mark IIC+: the black album was a mark 3.

get me up to speed- do I need to drag my bbe sonic maximizer back out? I moved 3 three times in the last 15 years and I found that the maximizer sounds best in an unmarked box in the garage. I haven't used it in my guitar chain since the early 90s
I remember back in '98 when I bought the 882 and the two guys working behind the counter were holding back laughs as I was walking away thanking them. This was before I knew any better and seemingly the last days when GC employees actually knew their shit :ROFLMAO:

I remember back in '98 when I bought the 882 and the two guys working behind the counter were holding back laughs as I was walking away thanking them. This was before I knew any better and seemingly the last days when GC employees actually knew their shit :ROFLMAO:
I think the same goes for most enhancer-like pedals too... The first time you turn them on, you're like "woah, yuuuuge sound", but boy is it fake AF and gone are the subtleties of the amp's character.
I still have a Boss EH-2 lying around, but the last time I fired it up... pfew, Margaret Thatcher must've been a wee lass and Reagan was still making movies.

get me up to speed- do I need to drag my bbe sonic maximizer back out? I moved 3 three times in the last 15 years and I found that the maximizer sounds best in an unmarked box in the garage. I haven't used it in my guitar chain since the early 90s
If you’re referring to what Bob Rock said in the ToneTalk interview, then no. What he’s talking about are the B&B/Aphex EQF-2 parametric EQs, not the BBE Sonic maximizer.

But Bob Rock can’t misspeak? Or can he? 🤔😆

1654711195162.png

Nice, how was that that rig?
It was great Mike. The pod was an early rackmount. I only used the fender twin model, and the treadplate model. Ran that into 2 4x12's. That little mesa 20/20 was a nasty little unit. I swear it was as loud as a 100 watt head. For what it was-it killed.

It was great Mike. The pod was an early rackmount. I only used the fender twin model, and the treadplate model. Ran that into 2 4x12's. That little mesa 20/20 was a nasty little unit. I swear it was as loud as a 100 watt head. For what it was-it killed.
I had the Mesa 20/20 in my rig with a JMP-1 for about a year. Super compact and easy to grab and go rig. That Mesa was a great sounding amp IMO. Never mentioned anymore.

Finding a C+ is an adventure alone, playing one is akin to harnessing a Unicorn. Not easily ridden, not easy to conquer or wrangle and hide behind at all. You’ll be out front and EVERY arrow you sling WILL be heard, and felt. Whether they hit the mark or not depends on you as the player.
Hence the “Mark” series name, to me anyways.

I feel of the 15+ amps I own, the C+ makes me a better player and music creator. That’s all I ask from my gear. Straight in, no boosts, help me create and become a better player. The C+ does that for me. Direct connection to “it”.

Better than any of the others I’ve played.
It has the perfect amount of “dry toast” in all the areas needed and “all the buttery goodness” in every area possible. Perfeccccc… and perfectly tweakable in every guitar specific category I previously didn’t know existed. LITERALLY an eye opening experience.
Magic. Big Magic. Can’t get it elsewhere, not even the JP or Mark5 (their own things until and unless cranked pert loud! But they will get there!) Allowing for modern tolerances and non vintage aging of course, the M5 and JP are the best iterations of the C+ Circuit.. why support and buy some knockoff brand? 🤮

My 5150 makes me smile, but the “alive” connection isn’t there. Hell, it’s been recorded so much in history it’s almost an uninspiring “anyone can have this” tone why even bother? Same w my Marshall 410/jcm800 cab brit 75/100 setup? Everyone can have those tones. Help ya self. Keep em. I’ve got one of “the ones” and it simply delivers.

Yes, I agree. I hear Mark3 high end in AJFA. Always have. Always will. I’d guess Red stripe or that studio pre is close in voicing but i have yet to studio pre under fingers and mic. So I’m guessin red stripey!

For writing and creating because it’s such an open channel to “that feel thing” and is just undeniable: the C+ is go to.

I prefer the new tech targeted to old power, and sometimes the other way around.
The Mark4 and 5 power sections are amazing to send signal into and mess with!

Finding a C+ is an adventure alone, playing one is akin to harnessing a Unicorn. Not easily ridden, not easy to conquer or wrangle and hide behind at all. You’ll be out front and EVERY arrow you sling WILL be heard, and felt. Whether they hit the mark or not depends on you as the player.
Hence the “Mark” series name, to me anyways.

I feel of the 15+ amps I own, the C+ makes me a better player and music creator. That’s all I ask from my gear. Straight in, no boosts, help me create and become a better player. The C+ does that for me. Direct connection to “it”.

Better than any of the others I’ve played.
It has the perfect amount of “dry toast” in all the areas needed and “all the buttery goodness” in every area possible. Perfeccccc… and perfectly tweakable in every guitar specific category I previously didn’t know existed. LITERALLY an eye opening experience.
Magic. Big Magic. Can’t get it elsewhere, not even the JP or Mark5 (their own things until and unless cranked pert loud! But they will get there!) Allowing for modern tolerances and non vintage aging of course, the M5 and JP are the best iterations of the C+ Circuit.. why support and buy some knockoff brand? 🤮

My 5150 makes me smile, but the “alive” connection isn’t there. Hell, it’s been recorded so much in history it’s almost an uninspiring “anyone can have this” tone why even bother? Same w my Marshall 410/jcm800 cab brit 75/100 setup? Everyone can have those tones. Help ya self. Keep em. I’ve got one of “the ones” and it simply delivers.

Yes, I agree. I hear Mark3 high end in AJFA. Always have. Always will. I’d guess Red stripe or that studio pre is close in voicing but i have yet to studio pre under fingers and mic. So I’m guessin red stripey!

For writing and creating because it’s such an open channel to “that feel thing” and is just undeniable: the C+ is go to.

I prefer the new tech targeted to old power, and sometimes the other way around.
The Mark4 and 5 power sections are amazing to send signal into and mess with!
My 3++ definitely gets that AJFA tone.

My 3++ definitely gets that AJFA tone.
Agree. As said, ANY m2-3-5-jp will get you 90% “there”. Hands are the last part really after you narrow guitar/pups/wire/amp xan and speakers. And of course ears. Add some eq or not 🤷🏻‍♂️

Killer amps. All very very fun to play and own. Any Mark amp I’ve tasted really.

Agree. As said, ANY m2-3-5-jp will get you 90% “there”. Hands are the last part really after you narrow guitar/pups/wire/amp xan and speakers. And of course ears. Add some eq or not 🤷🏻‍♂️

Killer amps. All very very fun to play and own. Any Mark amp I’ve tasted really.
I agree . I’ve had them all but a mark 1 . Still have a 3++ and a 5 . I do regret getting rid of the others now but the 3++ has been my fav out of all . I still regret the sales lol

Back