Keeley Halo Timmons Delay! 🤩🤩🤩

initial thoughts after just a day or so...

Pros:
-FANTASTIC delay sounds
-multiple presets available adds to versatility
-despite smaller size, lots of control functions and switch options
-small form factor is nice - takes up very little real estate on the board

Cons:
-no display. A trade-off for size i guess.
-no editing software and USB interface - I've gotten spoiled with these and really like editing on my laptop.

Just some initial impressions. YMMV.

No promises but it's not out of the question...

I would absolutely buy a version of the Halo with dedicated knobs for each control and MIDI.
I have no idea what the economics are but I'd be happy to pay $350 for something like this:

AJsl2TY.png

Last edited:
I'm wondering how this compares with the Strymon DIG.
Obviously, the Halo has tape and analog modes, and presets.
My understanding is this is a dual delay pedal that melts into a reverb like wash in the background.
I find the DIG does the same thing. Almost like a reverb with some barely detectable delay repeats the way I set it.

Ohh, sorry I should have @ you, we covered that already: There is an analog pass-through for the dry signal that runs in parallel with the wet signal. The dry signal does not go through the AD/DA conversion.
Awesome. Now I’m interested. Thanks!

I would absolutely buy a version of the Halo with dedicated knobs for each control and MIDI.
I have no idea what the economics are but I'd be happy to pay $350 for something like this:

AJsl2TY.png
This looks much more like the layout of the MXR Joshua, except you need to hold down the button to access a couple of these. And it's only around $220.

So this gonna replace the Timeline?
Actually used two memory mans
I think he used an echoplex on recordings/studio but live rig was MM's very strange but sounded genius prior to the TL.
No.

This was his pedalboard last year...

And when I saw him a few months ago, his pedalboard only had 4 pedals:

Keely Halo, Jhs AT Drive, Keely Noble Screamer and Keely Muse Driver. Then I think there was either a volume or Wah. Very minimalistic, could have all fit on a Nano board. I did notice that his videos he says he doesn't like or use reverbs. So there's that.

No.

This was his pedalboard last year...

And when I saw him a few months ago, his pedalboard only had 4 pedals:

Keely Halo, Jhs AT Drive, Keely Noble Screamer and Keely Muse Driver. Then I think there was either a volume or Wah. Very minimalistic, could have all fit on a Nano board. I did notice that his videos he says he doesn't like or use reverbs. So there's that.

Apparently he keeps an expression pedal on his board so he can control the delay mix in real time. That’s why the feedback in the default Andy Timmons patch on the Halo is a lot louder than most anybody would use it. It’s meant to be used with an expression pedal.

Last edited:
I just got mine along with a JHS Joshua

And the Boss SDE-3000

I now have over 30 delay pedals....
I've got the Halo and its freaking awesome. I've also got a Keeley Caverns but I think I prefer the Halo, at least for my electric rig. Its funny that before I had it in with the band I was worried that the Timmons preset was too wet so I dialed the mix back, only to turn it up again when the band fired up. Loving this pedal

I've got the Halo and its freaking awesome. I've also got a Keeley Caverns but I think I prefer the Halo, at least for my electric rig. Its funny that before I had it in with the band I was worried that the Timmons preset was too wet so I dialed the mix back, only to turn it up again when the band fired up. Loving this pedal
I once almost got a Caverns but then opted to get an Avalanche Run BUT then my pastor got the Avalanche Run so I decided on the KMA Cirrus. I call it the Avalanche Run or Caverns' evil twin. It's never been kicked off my big board, I use it for dotted eighths and some crazy filter delay sounds.

This is a pretty awesome video right here....admittedly I payed almost zero attention to Andy Timmons prior to getting the Halo pedal, but I'm all in on the dude now....this is a great rundown of his board and the Halo pedal as the video came out right after the release of the pedal. Soem killer nuggets in here....

This is a pretty awesome video right here....admittedly I payed almost zero attention to Andy Timmons prior to getting the Halo pedal, but I'm all in on the dude now....this is a great rundown of his board and the Halo pedal as the video came out right after the release of the pedal. Soem killer nuggets in here....

This guy's music is great and he probably has the best non-Metal tone in the industry. I'd recommend anybody even remotely interested in guitar music to listen to his stuff.

Same here.

I didn't know too much about Andy Timmons, Andy Wood, Shaun Tubbs or Cory Wong til I bought their signature pedals. Then I looked them up and was (pleasantly) surprised. There's alot of nuances to Andy's playing and alot of interesting stuff he does. All these players are very well deserving of their signature products - as well as others. I know I have other signature pedals from guitarists but I can't think of them at the moment.

I'll be making a demo video of the Joshua and the Halo soon!

Back