New Fortin TS808

I already have the Hex Drive and Grind and like them for different things. I've just always been a Boss pedal and Marshall guy, and my whole life could never stand the look of the green tube screamer pedals in all their variants.

In addition, a secondary diode clipping stage has been added across the pedal’s Drive pot. As the Drive control is increased, this additional dirt stage offers a natural-sounding, tube-like clipping with added compression and organic bloom.

Sounds like Jose type clipping...maybe very different values but it seems like it would sound similar. But if you run the Drive on 0 then that is out of circuit.

I’m an SD-1 guy, maybe he’ll do one day :yes:
There was a recent thread where it was discussed why there are so many $$ TS variants but not a lot of SD-1 variants. And the notion that the SD-1 was already about perfect resounded.

Not that SD-1 variants don't exist...they just don't 'improve' the SD-1 the way they do a TS.

Would like to have one of those as well as the TS9. I‘m just waiting till PedalPCB puts out a clone like they did with the 33 to make myself one ;)

I dislike all the Fortin’s I’ve played (amps and pedals) as much or more as you guys, but his modded Tube Screamers are the one thing he got right and one of the best boosts I’ve had out the 150+ I’ve been through, so I’m actually looking forward to this new one. Maybe it’s a copy of something, maybe not, but either way is a killer sound that I’ve not yet heard in other pedals

I picked up a F TS9 recently and gotta say, it’s got something going on that’s pretty cool. Different than my other pedals and at least as good if not better than the VFE stuff which are also nice.
I also ordered one. Why not. Haha

Yeah but the question is how hard? Is it golf ball through a garden hose hard or more like chrome off a bumper hard?
I thought it was chrome off a trailor hitch??

I've stuck with my Maxon od808 for 15 years and don't see any reason to change. It's about as perfect sounding as can be for what I use it for... boosting. I've had many SD-1's over the years, but find they color the tone too much and they suck a little too much low end.

Last edited:
I picked up a F TS9 recently and gotta say, it’s got something going on that’s pretty cool. Different than my other pedals and at least as good if not better than the VFE stuff which are also nice.
I also ordered one. Why not. Haha
Agreed. It still to me has that newer pedal, not organic sound, but has the most juicy, aggressive midrange I’ve heard in a pedal (the Maxon version is better than the Ibanez one in that regard). It’s I think a different flavor than the many VFE’s I’ve had, but I much prefer it. Didn’t keep any of my VFE’s (2 standouts, dragon, merman, focus). I will say the Standout sent my 33 packing instantly and the Precision Drive, but there are imo still better pedals for that sound. The Standout got way too overpriced for its quality of sound imo

Last edited:
I dislike all the Fortin’s I’ve played (amps and pedals) as much or more as you guys, but his modded Tube Screamers are the one thing he got right and one of the best boosts I’ve had out the 150+ I’ve been through, so I’m actually looking forward to this new one. Maybe it’s a copy of something, maybe not, but either way is a killer sound that I’ve not yet heard in other pedals
I agree. The Hexdrive, and TS9 were both killer pedals. I regret selling the TS9 most, but I got on the list for this one.

Back