New 100W Rock Amp | Hot Chili - Lenz Amplification

EddyLenz

Hey Guys,

I'm extremely excited to finally reveal what I've been working on for over a year. Due to everything going on in the world, it took way longer than it should have, with some parts not being available...

This all began with developing a custom circuit for Siggi Schwarz in a 1970 Super PA that I owned at the time. He was so in love with the amp that he bought it from me to record his new album. Right the next day, he asked if I'd be interested in starting an amp company. Of course, I immediately said yes and we got to work. We then talked to Michael Kast, who'd become the 3rd founder of the company. He worked for big names in the industry back in the day and was very eager to get back into it.

Over the last year, I made many different changes to the circuit that first came to life in the 1970 Super PA. I also added some voicing switches that would make the amp more versatile, so it could be dialed in to sound great with any guitar or speaker.

The Hot Chili can be described as a straightforward single-channel rock amp, that offers a wide range of sounds from slightly broken-up blues to 80s metal and everything in between. The overall voicing of the amp is definitely more vintage with a British touch from the classic EL34 power amp.

Here's how it sounds with a Celestion G12m-65 Creamback miced with an SM57 and an MD421 U4 in a 2x12 cab.

Nice work. Love how it retains a vintage character while still able to get aggressive. That amp sounds so much better to me than some of the other "big name" amps some people are so fanatical about that I find either too polite,compressed and saturated or too modern and cold sounding. You hit the nail on the head with this!!

Awesome stuff bro!
Thanks, guys!
Nice work. Love how it retains a vintage character while still able to get aggressive. That amp sounds so much better to me than some of the other "big name" amps some people are so fanatical about that I find either too polite,compressed and saturated or too modern and cold sounding. You hit the nail on the head with this!!
Thank you!
The vintage character was very important to us with this first model, as Siggi Schwarz is a true old-school rock guy. I personally like smoother tones, which is why I tried to find a nice balance with the top end and also added the smooth switch, which removes quite a bit of treble very late in the preamp. For those who like it really aggressive, I added the attack switch haha

Single Channel amps are pure sex
They definitely have a certain appeal that a multi-channel amp doesn't have. That said, I really want to rework my 2.5 Channel prototype again and then make a 2nd prototype from the ground up, but first, I'll have to prepare something special for Guitar Summit in September :D

Thanks, guys!

Thank you!
The vintage character was very important to us with this first model, as Siggi Schwarz is a true old-school rock guy. I personally like smoother tones, which is why I tried to find a nice balance with the top end and also added the smooth switch, which removes quite a bit of treble very late in the preamp. For those who like it really aggressive, I added the attack switch haha
I have a Siggi Schwarz live album. He has Michael Schenker as a guest guitar player. I am sure you know the one. Great stuff!

I have a Siggi Schwarz live album. He has Michael Schenker as a guest guitar player. I am sure you know the one. Great stuff!
Awesome! Yeah, I have the CD. I also still have Siggi's JCM2205 sitting around that Michael used in the studio with him.

Well said, spot on!

Great work Eddy!

Back