ZAKK WYLDE & CHARLIE BENANTE confirm they will do the Pantera Reunion tour

I cant wait to see Zakk doing the high harmonics with a whammy bar. If he uses a LP, it will be nothing more than a money grab for Zakk living in his deceased friends shoes.

My guess is he will compromise and play one of these 🤦‍♂️

ae545467e849b58f2ec8fea53a89575d-1200-80.jpeg

I cant wait to see Zakk doing the high harmonics with a whammy bar. If he uses a LP, it will be nothing more than a money grab for Zakk living in his deceased friends shoes.

Also, no Marshall amps washed with chorus.... I want to see Randalls.
So how I was feeling about it.

I think I’d rather see Wes Hauch on guitar instead of Zakk. Zakk kills, but as said before, that swank isn’t nearly the same as Dime. Not that I would ever expect or to be.

None of those guys have anything but respect and want to pay homage for the brothers. They have Rita's blessing from what I'm hearing. Let them pay tribute, I know Zakk will want to do justice to his friends work. This clip popped up today on youtube mentions or whatever it is

I think I’d rather see Wes Hauch on guitar instead of Zakk. Zakk kills, but as said before, that swank isn’t nearly the same as Dime. Not that I would ever expect or to be.

That dude was my #1 pick for this, but he’s not well known so you know….

Still a cash grab but if Dime and Vinnie’s estates get paid and so does Rita and their dad, fuck it. Let em do it.

I won’t be going but hey, it’s only gonna be $200 a ticket or whatever, they can afford me not going.

Call it something besides Pantera and roll as a tribute, and it’s all good. Otherwise it’s a dick move of a cash grab.

I’m sorry but Dime was a huge Eddie fan and his material has horsies and tapping all over it in a very unique way. Like Dave said Dime’s playing had a swing to it that’s insanely right hand heavy intensive. I think Zakk can certainly play the material but it won’t sound like Pantera.

Zakk is perfect for this, he’ll nail it.
Benante seems a little random as I don’t know his history with Pantera but he is an amazing drummer.

Back