New PRS Day!!!

Yeah, this is my favorite model of any guitar…and has hit for a little bit. The tag says 85/15tm pickups, but they sound exactly like the \m/ in my other one.
I think 24 custom Floyd's only came with \M/ pickups. My 1st yr 2014 has the \m/.

Does your black gold have the satin roasted maple neck? I've seen them with fully finished necks too. Much prefer satin or bare neck.

I think 24 custom Floyd's only came with \M/ pickups. My 1st yr 2014 has the \m/.

Does your black gold have the satin roasted maple neck? I've seen them with fully finished necks too. Much prefer satin or bare neck.
Both of these have the gloss neck, which feels like glass! Love it :)

Also, i pulled the pickups and they are indeed the \m/ pickups.

These are beautiful guitars and extremely well made! I actually just sold all three of mine last month (and got a lot more then I thought I would for them!) as I moved on to something with a flatter radius. Other than that though, loved using these!

Love the top on yours! Well done!

These are beautiful guitars and extremely well made! I actually just sold all three of mine last month (and got a lot more then I thought I would for them!) as I moved on to something with a flatter radius. Other than that though, loved using these!

Love the top on yours! Well done!
Thank you! Swapped the pickup rings to black.

0902C8DE-A6DE-4293-921A-E1A415437665.jpeg
AC4FC18A-4269-43B6-ADC2-ABD056088277.jpeg

Didn't see the new black pup rings. I was going to suggest that but looks like you've done it.

And I know you just swapped the stings but next time you do a string change, try some .0000 steel wool and mineral oil/lemon oil. It will clean that board up and make it super fun to play. Cover pickups obviously.

Lastly, did you use either of these guitars on your Splawn clip? And did you play your own drums too on that clip?

Didn't see the new black pup rings. I was going to suggest that but looks like you've done it.

And I know you just swapped the stings but next time you do a string change, try some .0000 steel wool and mineral oil/lemon oil. It will clean that board up and make it super fun to play. Cover pickups obviously.

Lastly, did you use either of these guitars on your Splawn clip? And did you play your own drums too on that clip?
I used the black/gold to record those tracks :) Drums were played by the drummer in my new band.

Beautiful. I LOVE the C24 Floyd, I also have two of them (pic is of my Black Gold Wrap 10-top). Frankly I think they sound way better than the regular Custom 24, some combo of the maple neck, bridge and pickups I assume but I never liked the off the shelf PRS tone - the Floyd on the other hand is a beast!

Anyway congrats and rock on brother 🤘

Attachments

• IMG_0914.JPG
    IMG_0914.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 26
Back