Who can recommend a foot switch for a 2016 MC1

Clp45

Disclaimer “I have used the search function but can’t find a company still making foot switches for Wizard MC1’s”

I’m pulling my hair out trying to find a foot switch for my MC1 does not have to be custom just need it to switch channels and maybe turn the loop on.

Thanks in advance.

I just whacked together two Boss Fs-1's into a dual button style footswitch case, like a Randall RF-2. Panduit strapped the cables together for the whole length. Very basic but functional. I even used a white paint marker to add a nice Wizard logo, just to fancy it up some.
I wish I had proper one, with lights too.
Seems like there is a gap in the market for Wizard amp switching pedals. I love them, but tbh for the money they cost a basic foot switch should come with it. It's a pain in the ass I didn't expect to have to work around. It's my one gripe.

Last edited:
I just whacked together two Boss Fs-1's into a dual button style footswitch case, like a Randall RF-2. Panduit strapped the cables together for the whole length. Very basic but functional. I even used a white paint marker to add a nice Wizard logo, just to fancy it up some.
I wish I had proper one, with lights too.
Seems like there is a gap in the market for Wizard amp switching pedals. I love them, but tbh for the money they cost a basic foot switch should come with it. It's a pain in the ass I didn't expect to have to work around. It's my one gripe.
I assume all Boss FS footswitches are compatible with Wizard amps. I bought a footswitch from my local music store previously and it did not work with the amp.

I agree that is the one thing I find frustrating with Wizard that they do not include foot switches

Orange FS-2 should work too. Or if you want smaller footswitch then Kartakou FS-2 is a good option too (look for it at Reverb). But If you know how to solder then make your own. It is not really that difficult. You just need some enclosure, few wires, 2xTS jack or 1x TRS jack, 2x SPDT latching switches, and 2x LEDs. I did my own footswitch for MC2 and it was fun to build it.

I am just wondering. Footswitch is not included in Wizard amps?

Rick ships amps with a simple, single button footswitch. Though in 2016 I don't think he did as I didn't get one with my MTL at the time. Subsequent amps came with one. You have to choose which function you want it to control (or get multiple footswitches... I have a bunch of them). Maybe message him and ask to buy one or ask him where he gets them so you can buy what you need.

Same here, my 2017 didn't have one. I didn't know later ones did. I'll recant some of my criticism above as I wasn't aware any of them came with switches.

Same here, my 2017 didn't have one. I didn't know later ones did. I'll recant some of my criticism above as I wasn't aware any of them came with switches.
Nah keep your criticism. I’m as big of a Wizard fanboi as there is, but to offer up amps that are in excess of $4k new minimum without a full function footswitch is kinda bullshit. “Ima give you two independent channels, boosts for both, and a switchable loop, but you get a one button switch and you can choose to switch one function out of the group” Damn near a Seinfeld episode 😂 Sheeeeeit, Bogner doesn’t seem to have a problem with this......

It’s one thing to build an amp capable of a multitude of switchable functions, but to build a multi-controller that governs said functions with all the switching logic bugs ironed out, is quite another. What do you expect from someone that took 20 years to sort out pop free (by ‘pop’ I mean loud as a firecracker) channel switching and fx loop activation?

Nah keep your criticism. I’m as big of a Wizard fanboi as there is, but to offer up amps that are in excess of $4k new minimum without a full function footswitch is kinda bullshit. “Ima give you two independent channels, boosts for both, and a switchable loop, but you get a one button switch and you can choose to switch one function out of the group” Damn near a Seinfeld episode 😂 Sheeeeeit, Bogner doesn’t seem to have a problem with this......
Diezel too, $4k+ and no footswitch? Really

I agree, seems like it'd be easy to include a simple 4-button footswitch, but I really don't care as I don't really use the single button he sends with it anyway.

Funny you mention Bogner.. I've owned 2 Bogner XTCs and the footswitches on both failed. For some reason, if the LED fails, the footswitch won't work and you need to replace the LED.

I agree, seems like it'd be easy to include a simple 4-button footswitch, but I really don't care as I don't really use the single button he sends with it anyway.

Funny you mention Bogner.. I've owned 2 Bogner XTCs and the footswitches on both failed. For some reason, if the LED fails, the footswitch won't work and you need to replace the LED.
Yeah I would be F’d without the one I got from you 🤘

Yeah I was pretty bummed about the foot switch thing considering I don’t want to pull the gain to switch channels. I’m giving Kool Kat a shot in building me one.

Back