Wolfgang VH playing On Fire and Hot For Teacher

^I respect your opinion. Thorn gets close.
Al Estrada is sooo great at it. There are some others too. Props to those guys. I can't even get in the same universe on a lot (vast majority) of VH stuff. But I hear something there when Wolfgang plays VH that was also there when his dad played. I can't exactly put my finger on it but I hear it and feel it. Sense of timing may have something to do with it, not sure.
All this is subjective of course and this is my humble opinion, which is worth exactly what you paid for it 😋.
Have you heard the Panama “cover” DLR just released?

I personally don’t like the guitar playing. Too distorted and too many effects.

Here is more evidence for the DNA theory. Listen to Edward & Alex's dad blow on this song. He plays through out but his solo starts around the 1:25 mark. What do yall think?

Agreed, listening back, the drummers timing is too straight. He's rushing through it rather than playing WITH the guitar which is how Ed and Alex always did it, playing off each other. Alex could really groove though.
AVH..the other half of the magic in VH.
Al was so greasy, all kinds of wizardry going on behind that drum kit.
And that snare sound? C’mon.

On the road yesterday…listened to Beatos interview with Steve Luke (which was pretty good btw). After the interview it queued up his next vid. It was about the HFT playing (specifically the solo). Some guy had emailed Rick, my take, implying Wolf had “air-guitared” it. 😂

On the road yesterday…listened to Beatos interview with Steve Luke (which was pretty good btw). After the interview it queued up his next vid. It was about the HFT playing (specifically the solo). Some guy had emailed Rick, my take, implying Wolf had “air-guitared” it. 😂

In that video, I finally understood why Beato gets under people's skin. Just something about the way he talks and the expressions he makes. It also is not that big of a deal. Personally I think people are blowing their loads for nothing. The kid can play, everybody knows that. But playing those tunes for years live and being a drummer will do that for your timing and understanding of nuances. Beato pointed that out in between bobbing his head around in amazement. Youtubers often seem desperate to me. Dying for content. Must suck after a while to have to turn out videos weekly.

I thought the whole show was pretty well done. I enjoyed watching Dave Grohl play drums with Alex and Geddy. The absolute best performance by anyone was Taylor Hawkins son, Shane. That kid killed it in front of 90,000 people under an emotional circumstance.

Ed

I thought the whole show was pretty well done. I enjoyed watching Dave Grohl play drums with Alex and Geddy. The absolute best performance by anyone was Taylor Hawkins son, Shane. That kid killed it in front of 90,000 people under an emotional circumstance.

Ed

Heavy hitter too! But yeah kid did amazing. Already a seasoned performer by the looks of it and has no problem with crowds.

Here is more evidence for the DNA theory. Listen to Edward & Alex's dad blow on this song. He plays through out but his solo starts around the 1:25 mark. What do yall think?

Definitely, their dad had a ton of swing and chops. It makes sense though, they were raised on music that made ya shake and shuffle and look what came out the other end.

So, he is doing a show for the guy he killed, what a douche.

lol Not this again. We have already been through the list.. his massive enlarged heart was already that big well before the jab. His cocktail drug use also well established. combine a shit ton of synthetic and natural drugs in your system night after night and you are bound to wind up unlucky. Heath ledger also had a little woopsie with booze and prescription drugs. This sort of stuff happens all the time.

Or it was the jab.

Which is more likely?

Switching gears a minute, I didn't realize James Gang band played at the tribute show? Man that drummer is a beast. I think Grohl was playing along side them and I am thinking, what's the point? As good as Grohl is, he doesn't play the dynamics like that drummer in the James Gang band. Kind of pointless to have him up there and feeds the narrative that he likes to be a part of everything.

lol Not this again. We have already been through the list.. his massive enlarged heart was already that big well before the jab. His cocktail drug use also well established. combine a shit ton of synthetic and natural drugs in your system night after night and you are bound to wind up unlucky. Heath ledger also had a little woopsie with booze and prescription drugs. This sort of stuff happens all the time.

Or it was the jab.

Which is more likely?

Switching gears a minute, I didn't realize James Gang band played at the tribute show? Man that drummer is a beast. I think Grohl was playing along side them and I am thinking, what's the point? As good as Grohl is, he doesn't play the dynamics like that drummer in the James Gang band. Kind of pointless to have him up there and feeds the narrative that he likes to be a part of everything.
I love Funk #49

Back