Splawn Nitro "Mods" Completed

Not to derail too much but I always wondered if "matched" in whatever test they do equates to "matched" in an amp. That is, the first triode is amplfying a grid signal but the second triode is amplifying a cathode signal...a cathode signal developed by the first triode.

EDIT: the 9v jack mod is cool, I like that.

Scott told me I don't need a balanced PI tube in my Super sport , he builds them like that on purpose , you should ask him about the Nitro and Quick Rod
Scott responded to my email and said that balanced PI not required on the Nitro.

Scott responded to my email and said that balanced PI not required on the Nitro.
Scott responded to my additional question if that was by design and this is what he responded with "You really do not need a balanced PI tube in a guitar amp because the circuit and the transformer are not balanced."

So moving forward.. gonna save the extra $5 and just buy a tube.

Scott responded to my additional question if that was by design and this is what he responded with "You really do not need a balanced PI tube in a guitar amp because the circuit and the transformer are not balanced."

So moving forward.. gonna save the extra $5 and just buy a tube.
Right

That sounds fantastic. Is the first setting stock and then you switch it over to 25K? What speakers?
Thank you. Speakers are WGS Retro 30 speakers.

To answer your question, Yes, first sound is stock and then flick the switch to engage the mids mod.

Last edited:
Back