Pink Taco V2

Mine sure is. I sold my Runt 50 the same day my V2 showed up. These stories of not enough gain or too bright have to be total newbie, or user error. Sure, they're bright, but nothing a treble knob won't fix. Not enough gain? Shit, it's got more than the Runt, and boosted, it's downright nasty.

Im deciding between the V2 Taco and The Runt 50.

I guess you prefer the V2, but the videos I've seen it seems to lack the definition the Runt 50 has?

Got the amp today.

Played it for about 10 minutes.

Favorite of all the Friedman gain tones I’ve played so far.

It’s aggressive, bright and has bite like a Marshally amp should be.

Smallbox for sale.

I just bought a Runt 50, but damn, I’m still gasing for the Pink Taco V2.

Probably gonna buy it down the road to make a dry/wet rig with my Runt.

Got the amp today.

Played it for about 10 minutes.

Favorite of all the Friedman gain tones I’ve played so far.

It’s aggressive, bright and has bite like a Marshally amp should be.

Smallbox for sale.
Definitely my favorite Friedman.

Definitely my favorite Friedman.
Feeling guilty about not playing my Smallbox and putting it on Craigslist.

I’m thinking of seeing if Dave can make the BE side more like the PTV2.

But yea, this amp is great for my types of Marshall tones.

Feeling guilty about not playing my Smallbox and putting it on Craigslist.

I’m thinking of seeing if Dave can make the BE side more like the PTV2.

But yea, this amp is great for my types of Marshall tones.
I sold my Runt the day the PT showed up. And the Runt was no slouch, I just didn't want to depend on the Hot Mod to get it where I wanted, (and sounded damn good). It just became a pain in the ass to muck with.

As for the Smallbox, I owned one of those too. Also a great amp. It's more raw, like the Runt, but still polished. I like the Helios 50 better.

For me, it would be a no-brainer. I'd take the PT over either, any day. It has the "it" factor the others didn't. I'd unload the Smallbox, and take the cash.

The PT is an animal. It's plenty loud, and I absolutely love how small it is. I'm grabbing a matching 1x12 for a grab and go for jamming at my brother's..

I sold my Runt the day the PT showed up. And the Runt was no slouch, I just didn't want to depend on the Hot Mod to get it where I wanted, (and sounded damn good). It just became a pain in the ass to muck with.

As for the Smallbox, I owned one of those too. Also a great amp. It's more raw, like the Runt, but still polished. I like the Helios 50 better.

For me, it would be a no-brainer. I'd take the PT over either, any day. It has the "it" factor the others didn't. I'd unload the Smallbox, and take the cash.

The PT is an animal. It's plenty loud, and I absolutely love how small it is. I'm grabbing a matching 1x12 for a grab and go for jamming at my brother's..
I have a Helios 50 too.

I like the PT V2 better as well.

If I ever get a Pink Taco V2 I think I will pair it with this cool cab. Supposed to give you great sound no matter where the cab is in the room or where you are playing. Supposed to sound huge too. This video demonstrates it and explains the design:

Does anyone know what the fat switch is technically doing? Is it just a bright cap?
Good question.

It definitely adds lows and low mids. Seems to change to the attack a bit too.

I like having this option; turning up the bass gets me where I need to be without using the fat switch with Tele and Strat.

Really wonder if Friedman will consider making a 50 watt version of this amp.

Good question.

It definitely adds lows and low mids. Seems to change to the attack a bit too.

I like having this option; turning up the bass gets me where I need to be without using the fat switch with Tele and Strat.

Really wonder if Friedman will consider making a 50 watt version of this amp.
[most likely] It switches coupling caps between the 1st and 2nd gain stages. Switching from .022 to .0022. The latter cuts low end and sounds a little tighter. Not 100% confirmed for this particular amp, but that has been a typical implementation on other amps.

A good mod for a Marshall type circuit is swapping the factory .022 to .0022 to get a little more of that 80s grind and crispness without the boomy bass, then bring the bass back later in the circuit with a Depth/Resonance/Thump control so you can tune it your preference.

Last edited:
It switches coupling caps between the 1st and 2nd gain stages. Switching from .022 to .0022. The latter cuts low end and sounds a little tighter. Not 100% confirmed for this particular amp, but that has been a typical implementation on other amps.
Oh wow, that's it? I have a switch for that on my Plexi build.

Back