Steaks Only (pics)

FourT6and2

Let's see your steaks.

untitled_by_haftelm_df8mbpx-fullview.jpg

untitled_by_haftelm_df8mcen-fullview.jpg

I took some cheap sirloin, and marinated it in Dark/Light Pearl River soy sauce, garlic, onion, ginger, red pepper flake, rice wine and then cooked them over a hot fire until medium. Hey, it's steak!
0192892C-6118-4EB0-9FA9-96A508C9BC68.jpeg

I like that idea. However, if I'm doing fillets I usually let them rest in some chicken stock. Chicken stock does great things to beef. Finish your taco meat with chicken stock next time. :love:

I like that idea. However, if I'm doing fillets I usually let them rest in some chicken stock. Chicken stock does great things to beef. Finish your taco meat with chicken stock next time. :love:

I'll try that with taco meat next time. But I don't think I can bring myself to do that to a wagyu ribeye.

There's a Japanese butcher shop near me and I get all my fancy cuts there. I usually do a wagyu boneless ribeye and get some rosemary wagyu tallow from them too. Salt/pepper each side, sear for 3 min. each side, then 2 min. I'll throw in some thyme, garlic, and additional rosemary sprigs. and a dollop of butter and just baste continually. It's basically a $350 steak from a Michelin restaurant I can make at home for $80.

Back