Any BABYMETAL fans here??

I see a single guitar off the main stages, way down low in the back (it only goes along with some of the music though so I'm not convinced it's actually plugged into anything) and a bunch of children prancing around on a stage in costumes pretending to be big scary monsters playing imaginary drums with props.

Does this bullshit pass for heavy music now?

Also, cool watermark right in the middle of the screen reminding me that UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES am I to STEAL this footage like the CRIMINAL SCUM I probably am. Trust me, there's no danger of that happening.
It is a shame that depending on the stage set up, the band is often deep in the shadows. But they are certainly all playing live.
They usually get a song or two each show to shine though.

Going back to 2014..

Regardless of how talented the backup musicians may be, this is nothing more than the same old fabricated and heavily choreographed Spice Girls (boy band, girl band, kid band, whatever) shtick that is now aimed at the rock/metal crowd. Probably conceived of by the same shrewd business managers that created those others. This music sounds as homogenized as you can get.
Markie Mark needs a gig other than selling hamburgers.
What a crock of shit.

I hate singers, and I use that term lightly who sound like they're wearing 400 covid masks on their face while attempting to sing.

Thanks for sharing and having thick skin :cheers:

You'll fit in fine here at R-T :yes:

I wouldn't say I'm a fan necessarily but I dig this song and 171M views is a 171M more than I have :LOL:

Right on. I don’t expect to find many of their fans wherever I go, but they are out there!

Them announcing a new album in the spring has renewed my interest in them and as a father of 2 young girls, it’s pretty cool that they can listen to it with me. Sure beats Rafi all day lol.

Just because I don't like what this "band" is putting out doesn't mean I'm unable to appreciate new things or have somehow become conservative with my tastes. I like lots of new and innovative music and I'm happy to admit it. There's great music to be found in pretty much every generation or era and today's music is no different.

It's also telling that you're getting defensive about it, as if people couldn't possibly just simply dislike "Baby Metal" based on legitimate musical taste alone.

I think you're making the mistake of conflating this group with actually good newer music that wasn't written out of a cynical desire to part a clearly defined and profitable demographic from its money. The fact that you seem to be having trouble discerning between those groups probably says more about you than it does me.

(ok NOW I’m done shitting up the thread, just had to respond to that. carry on)
Sorry man, I get too worked up on one little issue. I get that everybody has different tastes and I respect that.

But it’s people poking in and shitting on threads that they have zero interest in that chaps my ass. If you don’t like it fine, stfu about it and stay out tho. Be an adult. Nobody cares what you DONT like. Don’t go barging in guns abalazin about how ‘non-metal’ it is. That’s the thing that just looks so adolescent, like the poster is 13yo or something. That’s why I respond the way I do to these types of posts.

This is one of the reasons those big time musicians aren’t here anymore.

Right on. I don’t expect to find many of their fans wherever I go, but they are out there!

Them announcing a new album in the spring has renewed my interest in them and as a father of 2 young girls, it’s pretty cool that they can listen to it with me. Sure beats Rafi all day lol.
If they tour the US in support of that record please post…unless it’s Ticketmaster. Fuck Ticketmaster with a Brillo pad.

I’ll admit, it was a bonding moment with my 18yo niece who is deep into anime (and really good at it). She freaked when I mentioned BM.

If they tour the US in support of that record please post…unless it’s Ticketmaster. Fuck Ticketmaster with a Brillo pad.

I’ll admit, it was a bonding moment with my 18yo niece who is deep into anime (and really good at it). She freaked when I mentioned BM.
I’m curious how the tickets will be sold as well. Amuse is insanely protective of BabyMetal, so it’s possible they try and control the tickets as well.

Back