Any BABYMETAL fans here??

Regardless of how talented the backup musicians may be, this is nothing more than the same old fabricated and heavily choreographed Spice Girls (boy band, girl band, kid band, whatever) shtick that is now aimed at the rock/metal crowd. Probably conceived of by the same shrewd business managers that created those others. This music sounds as homogenized as you can get.

Last edited:
I’d like to see one of their shows but that seems like a creepy look…some old dude at a Babymetal show.

@Monkeyman is a fan IIRC.
I saw them back in 2016 or so and there were a lot of old dudes there, so no worries. It was actually a great mix of people. Even parents with their young children.

I know their early “cute” stuff isn’t really for everyone, but they aren’t 15 anymore and they put on some kick ass live shows.
The backing bands are always killer too.

Pumped for their new album

I see a single guitar off the main stages, way down low in the back (it only goes along with some of the music though so I'm not convinced it's actually plugged into anything) and a bunch of children prancing around on a stage in costumes pretending to be big scary monsters playing imaginary drums with props.

Does this bullshit pass for heavy music now?

Also, cool watermark right in the middle of the screen reminding me that UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES am I to STEAL this footage like the CRIMINAL SCUM I probably am. Trust me, there's no danger of that happening.

Last edited:
I saw them back in 2016 or so and there were a lot of old dudes there, so no worries. It was actually a great mix of people. Even parents with their young children.
2016? They’re adults by now!

So now it’s not so creepy. :ROFLMAO:

@Aynirar27 there are some die hard old school metal fans here that are just not going to like something like that. If it’s not sweaty dudes helicoptering their hair then gtfo. And full disclosure I loved that…in the 80s. It’s not the 80s anymore.

Regardless of how talented the backup musicians may be, this is nothing more than the same old fabricated and heavily choreographed Spice Girls (boy band, girl band, kid band, whatever) shtick that is now aimed at the rock/metal crowd. Probably conceived of by the same shrewd business managers that created those others. That music sounds as homogenized as you can get.

They are certainly fabricated. The girls didn’t even know what metal music was when they were asked to join. But that was over a decade ago and the band has grown since.

The band is live, the vocals are live, real musicians are writing and recording the music, and they take full advantage of a corporate backing to put on a hell of a stage show. IMO It’s a band that truly gives their fans their money’s worth at a show. Plus the overall vibe just a lot of fun

To each their own :cheers:

@Aynirar27 there are some die hard old school metal fans here that are just not going to like something like that. If it’s not sweaty dudes helicoptering their hair then gtfo. And full disclosure I loved that…in the 80s. It’s not the 80s anymore.
Yea the hate usually comes quick in their threads, then I the fans slowly show up lol.
They are in their mid 20s now so don’t worry about the creep factor.

I'm not a die hard old school metal fan. I don't care about sweaty dudes helicoptering their hair. I like lots of different kinds of music (some that don't even have guitar it it).

I also like to think I can recognize the cringiest shit imaginable when I see it.

Yea the hate usually comes quick in their threads, then I the fans slowly show up lol.
They are in their mid 20s now so don’t worry about the creep factor.

lol, any asian woman under 50 involved in the metal community is ALWAYS going to have to worry about the creep factor. 🤣

Alright, that's enough out of me. Sorry for shitting up the thread, just had to say it.

I'm not a die hard old school metal fan. I don't care about sweaty dudes helicoptering their hair. I like lots of different kinds of music (some that don't even have guitar it it).

I also like to think I can recognize the cringiest shit imaginable when I see it.

lol, any asian woman under 50 involved in the metal community is ALWAYS going to have to worry about the creep factor. 🤣

Alright, that's enough out of me. Sorry for shitting up the thread, just had to say it.
Sounds like a person that has turned into their parents. Music changes over time and the older crowd typically poo poos the new…just like our parents poo pood our new music. Congrats.

Sounds like a person that has turned into their parents. Music changes over time and the older crowd typically poo poos the new…just like our parents poo pood our new music. Congrats.

Just because I don't like what this "band" is putting out doesn't mean I'm unable to appreciate new things or have somehow become conservative with my tastes. I like lots of new and innovative music and I'm happy to admit it. There's great music to be found in pretty much every generation or era and today's music is no different.

It's also telling that you're getting defensive about it, as if people couldn't possibly just simply dislike "Baby Metal" based on legitimate musical taste alone.

I think you're making the mistake of conflating this group with actually good newer music that wasn't written out of a cynical desire to part a clearly defined and profitable demographic from its money. The fact that you seem to be having trouble discerning between those groups probably says more about you than it does me.

(ok NOW I’m done shitting up the thread, just had to respond to that. carry on)

Last edited:

no worries. I am not above shitting up a thread myself either lol.

I have no idea what i just watched or listened to.
Is it a performance group?
Sort of.
That video was just the opener to the concert. They usually have words and song structures and all that.
But they are certainly “performance” heavy with the choreography and stage settings

Back