Trophy points

They're just supposed indicators of a member's usefulness (not counting Dan's member).

If someone hovers a pointer over your user name, for instance, this is what pops up:

Screen Shot 2022-04-03 at 2.37.00 pm.jpg

Point accumulation is pretty-much ignored by everyone. Trophies are markers / tiers along that "journey".

In gaming such things seem to mean a lot to many, but here, nothing to anybody. :dunno:

They're just supposed indicators of a member's usefulness (not counting Dan's member).

If someone hovers a pointer over your user name, for instance, this is what pops up:

View attachment 113908

Point accumulation is pretty-much ignored by everyone. Trophies are markers / tiers along that "journey".

In gaming such things seem to mean a lot to many, but here, nothing to anybody. :dunno:

Everyone seems to max out after a pretty short period of time, so it doesn't seem like a big deal.

But I like that it's there - it gives you a good idea, at a glance, if someone is a known quantity and interacts alot.

Yeah Dan, the points system's broken 'cause it brick-walls at 113 points.

Post and "like" counts no doubt tell us more. Quick-glance assessments might best be implemented by looking at 3 metrics:

Post count.
Like count.
Join date.

Not a tongue-in-cheek anything.

It's been around for many years in forum software but I get where you're coming from. :yes:

Can't you just grow it ?

Legally, I mean.
3 plants per household I believe.

We are in the lower corner of Mass, so like 10 mins from CT and 10 mins from NY, neither of which has legalized it yet, so we get tons of people from out of state coming in to buy it. I'm not against legal weed, but the shops have totally made our town go to shit, or at least helped it go to shit. Covid really fucked us.

3 plants per household I believe.

We are in the lower corner of Mass, so like 10 mins from CT and 10 mins from NY, neither of which has legalized it yet, so we get tons of people from out of state coming in to buy it. I'm not against legal weed, but the shops have totally made our town go to shit, or at least helped it go to shit. Covid really fucked us.
It's 2 months, germination to harvest +3 days to dry.

ymmv

Back