Accept. Always amazing tone

Balls to the Wall was recorded in 1983; long before Wizard was a thing. He use an early 70s Superlead, totally stock, and boosted it with a 70s MXR Distortion +.

Later years in the 2000s + I read he was using Wizards, before going to Kemper.
No way a Wizard is getting BTTW mids.

Sounds like a Sneap production, so what Wolf uses live doesn't necessarily have anything in common with his recorded tone.

That first clip could be anything - my guess is a heavily eq'd and boosted 5150?

Reactions: Geo
This was recorded with his Wizard Modern Classic and from what I have heard he now uses his Kemper on tour with his Wizard and some Marshall profiles.
This is a killer tone right here!

Blood of the nations was actually 5153...
Stalingrad was recorded with a Wizard...

I prefer the later...much clearer...

All Sneap productions...

No way a Wizard is getting BTTW mids.
You want mids chief...The mids on this badboy will eat your lunch

fprvdqgdi2tasg4o1tyy.jpg

....And Wolf used a stock NMV with a boost. No mods, no special pedals.
Wolf says the early stuff up thru Metal Heart was with a Dallas Rangemaster. He also had that custom Marshall with 8 power tubes designed by Baldinger (sp?).

Later on he used a Modern Classic, Framus and now a Kemper with the Wizard, EVH and Marshall profiles according to some interviews. There is a Live concert from Russia I think and he has the Wizard backstage if I remember correctly.

Wolf says the early stuff up thru Metal Heart was with a Dallas Rangemaster. He also had that custom Marshall with 8 power tubes designed by Baldinger (sp?).

Later on he used a Modern Classic, Framus and now a Kemper with the Wizard, EVH and Marshall profiles according to some interviews. There is a Live concert from Russia I think and he has the Wizard backstage if I remember correctly.
The Marshall was a 2203 style I think, and it was stereo. Hence the 8 output tubes and two output transformers.

Love Accept!

Saw them a few months ago at a smaller venue in T.O. The singer, Mark was not well as his voice was shot. They came out and told everyone before the show started and said, "on with the show" and proceeded to play an awesome couple of sets with the drummer singing a few songs as well as the bass player. Was a great time and was glad to be there.

Met them all after and thanked them. It was great!

Back