Welcome to today's episode of Tim Henson on Guitar

Sweet_promotional_photo.jpg
A-242613-1525466751-1379.jpg

As long as it's YOUR music the fashion don't matter.

It's only when it's some younger person's music that it sticks in the craw.
I remember how utterly ridiculous my dad sounded complaining about it.

I got his prostate and BP issues already. Don't need any of his stuffy opinions. :ROFLMAO:

Are you serious?
I may not like all of it but banal and common are the last two words I'd use to describe it.

There's so much going on here both rhythmically and harmonically it's ridiculous.
It's one thing for the kid to be able to play like this but he's also coming up with the stuff.

Yes, it's banal elevator music.

Technical proficiency doesn't equal compositional complexity.

We all know innovating on the guitar, dressing weird and pissing of the old folks was only allowed in the 70s/80s. Not allowed now.

So we must retaliate by sending tens of thousands of views to his videos so he can make more money... :ROFLMAO:

... but seriously, who's more heavy metal...? The guy shredding and pissing people off for a living, or the internet guitar forum troll calling him names?

the trolls calling him names cause they probably wore jean jackets and leather over stupid sweaters. His sweaters are lame. No way that is " rock star" cool in any universe. But here i go again bagging on the guy. Good for him making a living and playing music he likes though. I can't fault him for that and he seems to be making and putting out music that is authentic to what he likes so there is that at least. I should technically be celebrating his authenticity but can't get around that tattoo and those sweaters. Maybe if he dressed like Halford I could give him more cred :p

I honestly don't see anything that great about his playing. Vai or Malmsteen easily smoke him. Just another rich kid, Tiger Woods of guitar playing.

Tiger woods is at worst the 2nd best ever
By " Tiger Woods" I mean another rich kid who's parents shoved an instrument in his hands at a young age and forced him to play until he got good. Like Tiger I guess he can thank his parents later for the mental torture as a child so he could be successful.

By " Tiger Woods" I mean another rich kid who's parents shoved an instrument in his hands at a young age and forced him to play until he got good. Like Tiger I guess he can thank his parents later for the mental torture as a child so he could be successful.

Maybe, I watched that timeline video of his though and I don’t think he was a child prodigy or anything, it doesn’t seem like he got really good till his late teens.

This seems eerily familiar. Is another another "anti skill" trend coming (grunge chased off shred and over produced slick late 80's formula rock so don't laugh, it can happen)? IF this type of playing and "music" is the future of guitar, at some point a bunch of artists are gonna say "Enough of this. There's too many notes that say very little, too much flash with music that has no real meat on its bones, we need to reboot and go back to basics."

Back