Welcome to today's episode of Tim Henson on Guitar

Are you serious?
I may not like all of it but banal and common are the last two words I'd use to describe it.

There's so much going on here both rhythmically and harmonically it's ridiculous.
It's one thing for the kid to be able to play like this but he's also coming up with the stuff.

I have to agree. I may not be fond of his look, but the kid can play. His music is interesting and style is unique. Lets see how he evolves in the next decade. FWIW, I'm a big Yngwie fan and I think he looks ridiculous now with his long hair, all black clothes with his shirt unbuttoned to his crotch and tons of jewelry.

I don't care for this kid's style but it's hilarious how bad he is living rent free in some of you dudes' heads. It's 2023 and this is what he looks like and plays like. Can we really sit here and pretend like the guys bashing him weren't on the nuts of guys in the 80's bands when dude's were rocking makeup and mesh shirts with their finger nails painted. I'd also put my money on the fact that he's a much better person than those guys were.

Again I don't care for his music but man, a new "lets hate on Henson" thread every week.

I think the guy can play his arse off. Is it my cup of tea? Nope. Although, I can appreciate his skill set. He's obviously worked diligently to hone his craft and develop his own sound/niche. I respect him for his dedication to the instrument. I'm not sure why fellow guitarists can't appreciate that basic fact?

His fashion sense is weird, but not unlike any of the other freaks we've seen pick up a guitar throughout the history of rock'n'roll. Minus the neck tattoos and feminine fashion sense, I'm a weirdo too. :poop: I think most guitarists/artists are.

I have to agree. I may not be fond of his look, but the kid can play. His music is interesting and style is unique. Lets see how he evolves in the next decade. FWIW, I'm a big Yngwie fan and I think he looks ridiculous now with his long hair, all black clothes with his shirt unbuttoned to his crotch and tons of jewelry.

I might be the exception but I love YJM's leather, big open shirts and 10 lbs of gold jewelry. The died black hair always a mess. He's a badass and he commits to the image 100%! Love the kicks too and the let the guitar hang and feedback just because... he's a total rock star.

I might be the exception but I love YJM's leather, big open shirts and 10 lbs of gold jewelry. The died black hair always a mess. He's a badass and he commits to the image 100%! Love the kicks too and the let the guitar hang and feedback just because... he's a total rock star.

I always wondered if he took ballerina lessons to not land on his ass with those kicks, once in a while I get drunk in my living room and try to do them but I fall

I clearly remember trying to explain to my dad back in 1972 how incredible a guitarist Page was
and that he needed to look past the hair and distortion. Even had him check out some acoustic stuff.

It was the classic, "He's good, but........... "

Awesome to see that 50 years later it's the same as it ever was with some folks.
Some of the past few posts have brought a much needed dose of reality to the party though. (y)

@DemNuts back in the day when I was playing in thrash bands, my dad asked me what I was listening to, it was Metallica Ride the Lightning, he asked me to make a tape. Eventually I learned he was also listening to Slayer and Megadeth. edit: before that, when I was listening to kiss, sabbath, zep, maiden, priest, ac/dc, etc., he usually told me to turn it down...

Now for today's lesson from Tim, Jedi master robes optional, but may help you channel the talent force:

@DemNuts back in the day when I was playing in thrash bands, my dad asked me what I was listening to, it was Metallica Ride the Lightning, he asked me to make a tape. Eventually I learned he was also listening to Slayer and Megadeth. edit: before that, when I was listening to kiss, sabbath, zep, maiden, priest, ac/dc, etc., he usually told me to turn it down...

Now for today's lesson from Tim, Jedi master robes optional, but may help you channel the talent force:

i wonder what amp sim he is using? his tone here has kind of unique jangly thing going on

Eventually I learned he was also listening to Slayer and Megadeth.

I can honestly see dads from any generation rocking out to Holy Wars... The Punishment Due.
As long as you set it up first and give them a lyric sheet. That song speaks truth no matter who
you are and what you believe.

Re: G.O.A.T.

I have the tab and have tried it more than once. It's not the notes, it's the insane rhythms? he's using.
My brain just can't get wrapped around the groove.

Dude's a genius. A very weird/unique genius.

Reactions: rsm
i was going to say, it sounds like theres an acoustic mixed in the signal or something, ill have to look at that

likely; he has acoustic sig guitar, using at around the 1:40 mark, and clean amp in his archetype:

Comparing Femboy Hooters to YJM and Page makes this kind of sad instead of funny
Page and Lori Maddox is kind of sad, even though it was Bowie that started it. Now that first encounter of Dimebag and YJM was funny tho

Back