If you were going to purchase a Kemper, AXEFX, or Synergy gear…

Not often you see AXEIII and easy to use in the same sentence.
I guess if you're not coming into it completely new to the modeler world.

I mean, the current OM is 123 pages long. Granted you don't need all of them but still........
Axe fx was my first trip into modelers and I found it very easy to use right out of the gate. That said, I use it from the editing software. Never tried to build a preset using the buttons and interface on the unit itself. If using the software, I'm not sure what could be easier...

Kemper out….I don’t think the AxeFx editing will be overwhelming. Lean towards the AxeFx bc having the FX would be nice.

Kemper out….I don’t think the AxeFx editing will be overwhelming. Lean towards the AxeFx bc having the FX would be nice.

You don't have to keep it tethered to AXEedit while practicing/performing.
You'll want it on all the time in the beginning while setting everything up to your liking.
If you think about it, treat it like an amp for live and you'll only have to learn the bare
minimum editing on the front panel.

AXEedit is so easy and also a BLAST cause you're like a kid in a candy store and the
possibilities are endless. Don't be surprised if you end up with one of these at one point. :giggle:

jcs.png

It is but once you get it, it works great. Are you using the H90 app? That makes it much easier. They have one issue with the dual routing they need to change up and make available in the app.
There is an H90 app? Checked App Store, only see H9

…what one would you go with, and why?
Fractal AxeFX for the reasons:

1. MIDI triggered delay tempos
2. MIDI pedal triggered patch changes
3. Scenes within a patch
4. Can receive MIDI data from a Laptop/PC or sync-lock TC
5. 2U small form factor
6. Reliable
7. Sounds the same each time I turn it on
8. Low maintenance (G55 sort me out when ever I need help)
9. Has all the cabs, effects, amps, pedals I'd ever need
10. No one in the crowd gives a shit

There is an H90 app? Checked App Store, only see H9
You have to go through the Eventide website and put in your serial number. For now it works via USB via your computer.
Bluetooth and IOS will be coming at some point soon.

As others have mentioned, it might be easier to align the decision with what the OP is going for-

They can all deliver the goods but the way of getting there is really different. I’m not a fan of the profile searching. I tried it with ToneX and the whole time I was thinking “I can just dial in a preset in my AxeFX and be there in 3 minutes”, while it took me about 20 minutes to find one profile that sounded at least what I’d consider decent. There ARE great profiles out there, the search is just a drag.

The reason I went with Fractal was because I wanted all the options. I heavily underutilize the unit as the majority of my presets that actually get regular use are amp/cab/delay/reverb and at most I’m assigning different stuff to expression pedals. But I never know what I’ll need in the future and having the options already there, allowing me to grow into the unit, is what appealed to me.

Because I got an AxeFX, I ended up adding other guitars to the collection I normally wouldn’t because I fell in love with certain tones I never cared about previously, after playing them in Fractal land. I’ve been a metal dude almost my whole playing-life, so the edge of breakup/EJ tones I dial in now for living room jamming is a whole other world to me.

Anything that allows the user to make a Marshall Boogie JCM800 Dual Plexi-fier is cool as fuck, in my book.

My III stays in my studio with my FM9 being the focal point of my live rig; it’s set up to run 2 cabs in stereo onstage while FOH gets a mono signal with an IR.

I guess Fractal it is…I’ll have to keep an eye out for a III for a reasonable price I guess.

FWIW, I have more ‘fun’ using my FM9 due to the way they set up the switching. You can do the same with an FC12 and a III, but that’s getting up their in costs. I only have an FC6 for my III because I had zero intention of using it live at the time. The FM9 came out when I still had no interest in playing in a band again, but once I saw how intuitive it was for live use, I was in a band in about 3 weeks after.

Unless you’re going for some really complex presets, the FM9 has more than enough CPU on tap. I’ve only been able to max it out once and it was done intentionally by importing my craziest preset in the III just to see how much it could handle.

Even from just jamming in my living room, having access to Presets, Scenes and Effects right in front of you is good times. Then the layout links allow you to add some cool shit; I keep a looper in all my presets and accessing the looper menu is just one long-press of the Scene switch within any preset, so when I’m sprawled out on my couch like a fat ass slob and have zero energy, I just need to allow my leg to fall off the couch and a toe to creep over to the board and I’m anywhere I want to be in a footswitch press.

Fractal AxeFX for the reasons:

1. MIDI triggered delay tempos
2. MIDI pedal triggered patch changes
3. Scenes within a patch
4. Can receive MIDI data from a Laptop/PC or sync-lock TC
5. 2U small form factor
6. Reliable
7. Sounds the same each time I turn it on
8. Low maintenance (G55 sort me out when ever I need help)
9. Has all the cabs, effects, amps, pedals I'd ever need
10. No one in the crowd gives a shit

Digital always win in practicality, features and total cost of acquisition.

But what if you did not need that many stuff that is packed in, could you change your mind?

Back