Man you guys are right. Shilling sure is lame.

Alright haha guys hey thanks for listening to my reaction post about this thread, don't forget to Like and Subscribe! And hey while you're at it, how about smashing that Notification Bell so you get the word about all my content as soon as it lands!!!!!! This comment was brought to you by NordVPN, be sure to use my code for a 15% discount when you decide to start Surfing Safe! This post also brought to you by my good friends at RAYCON, makers of headphones for music you can FEEL! And if you really FEEL like supporting our channel, we'd love it if you'd head over to our Patreon and donate however you can! Your generosity is appreciated more than you could ever know, and hey, it really helps us keep our top quality entertainment flowing straight to YOU, week after week! I am just so appreciative of all you amazing fans out there. I couldn't do it without you, and your support truly means the world to me. Hahaha alright I'll see you TheGreatGreensters next time.

Alright haha guys hey thanks for listening to my reaction post about this thread, don't forget to Like and Subscribe! And hey while you're at it, how about smashing that Notification Bell so you get the word about all my content as soon as it lands!!!!!! This comment was brought to you by NordVPN, be sure to use my code for a 15% discount when you decide to start Surfing Safe! This post also brought to you by my good friends at RAYCON, makers of headphones for music you can FEEL! And if you really FEEL like supporting our channel, we'd love it if you'd head over to our Patreon and donate however you can! Your generosity is appreciated more than you could ever know, and hey, it really helps us keep our top quality entertainment flowing straight to YOU, week after week! I am just so appreciative of all you amazing fans out there. I couldn't do it without you, and your support truly means the world to me. Hahaha alright I'll see you TheGreatGreensters next time.
👏 Amazing. That read exactly like an influencer's video would. Any content is good content. Don't forget the " leave your comments down below and let me know what YOU think..."

Unsubscribed, blocked and reported.

Today most Youtubers are shills, there is at least one who posts on this forum SonicDriveStudio.
Youtube is like a street full of beggars, they believe it is better for them to lie than working at the McDonalds.

A few do disclaim they got paid for the review or whatever they are doing with the product and then you can take your own conclusions. Those are still lame because if he got paid he will likely only talk about things that are good in the product, may over praise it, forget everything in it that is poor, may make it sound better than it actually is and so on.

Lots of pseudo sicence going on too. Once upon a time an apple producer paid students in a university to fake a study that concludes oranges are bad for your healthy, nowadays one simply pays Youtuber doctors to say that.

There are honest professional reviewers on Youtube, i do not know of any in the guitar/audio world but i know a few in other areas that will point out and criticize all that is wrong with the product no matter how bad it is.

One builds a reputation thru' his whole life, once you ruin it yourself there is no way back. People will always find out what you do/did and that will affect all areas of your life.

Last edited:
there is at least one who posts on this forum SonicDriveStudio.
Isn't that the guy who "reviewed" the Hughes & Kettner Stompman guitar amp solely through it's Line Out into IRs?

That's another thing I really don't like about this cancerous guitar influencer bullshit and I'm not even talking about those that are deliberately misleading. It's mostly overproduced crap. Every product pushed through some IRs and a ton of post-processing. It seems to be their first rule: Never showcase the real product.

There's more value in some dude putting up a room mic or simply recording with his phone.

Last edited:
I know they were all doing polls years ago and the vast majority of viewers were using IR’s, I’d imagine that ratio is even higher now so I’m guessing that’s why they use them

Isn't that the guy who "reviewed" the Hughes & Kettner Stompman guitar amp solely through it's Line Out into IRs?

That's another thing I really don't like about this cancerous guitar influencer bullshit and I'm not even talking about those that are deliberately misleading. It's mostly overproduced crap. Every product pushed through some IRs and a ton of post-processing. It seems to be their first rule: Never showcase the real product.

There's more value in some dude putting up a room mic or simply recording with his phone.

I'm sure it was one of the four mesa Boogie OS v30 IRs that literally every fucking YouTuber uses, too 😂

it makes every product sound the exact fucking same on every fucking channel, it's exhausting to listen to

Dude like 75% of every YouTube video is just this bullshit

It's incredibly obnoxious - 10 minute video, 7 minutes of intro and shilling

I don't even really watch guitar YouTube anymore because it's so outlandishly bad

He is the one who sold his Quad Cortex to stay with ToneX, he wake up in the morning and produces a long professional video on why he is switching his brand of toilet papers /legit. But yes, he puts the line out thru' whatever IR makes it sound less realistic.

A legit professional reviewer has two things other than honesty: A known good source of income and know-how in a specific area. That guy has know-how as an audio producer? No. Know-how as a guitarist? No. Know-how on electronics to tell us about what is inside the amplifiers? No.

His know how is on recording videos and shilling.

Last edited:
"Being a Youtube Shill in the 2020s is aking to being a *blank* back in the 19xxs." (use whatever decade you want)

.... a Taxi Driver in the 1970s.

336496960_772197647360479_6797522877120052826_n.jpg

Last edited:
Norm MacDonald was the only guy with a show who made shilling fun, because he did more harm than good to his sponsors.

Do a search on YouTube for “Bill Burr loses sponsor” and you’ll get some pretty good compilations. Some of the best parts of his podcast are when he’s reading a new sponsor and stops mid sentence to ask “What the fuck is this? They want me to read this….this is why I tell them I’m not going to read their ads, this was written by an asshole. It’s a fuckin’ electric razor to shave your balls with, I’m not reading that garbage” :ROFLMAO:

Back