Watched some of the video. I’m not impressed with this guy. Seems like a dork. I now know to avoid him. 🤣
He is definitely one of these guys where I have always wondered who is actually drawn to his content? Most of his videos that I have come across have to do with cheap/shitty gear. A lot of these guys started out from forums, so if Ola and Fluff came from the Sneap Ultimate Metal forum and Sevenstring.org then this Agufish guy must have come from Ultimate Guitar.

I get what you’re saying . It’s almost like a pet peave lol . Not just music products . It’s like showing on Facebook for me . Another thing I don’t get . But I get it . To each their own
100% I do not understand the appeal. I can barely keep it together myself when unpacking. Watching someone else unpack something slowly and carefully is torture to me.

This guy has 120k subs and Sweetwater sent him a $7k guitar. Because he seems like a decent, every day Joe, I'm sure that wont influence him in the slightest. Right?

BTW, if you watch, please ignore the Gibson QQ issue on his $7k guitar from Sweetwater. Must have been a stellar 55 point inspection.

I didn’t watch the video, but most guys have to send the guitar back. I don’t know if that’s the case with this dude, but most have to send it back. Sweetwater or whoever pays for shipping and gets targeted advertising for the price of shipping. I’ve seen a couple Tim pierce videos where he got stuff for free and he gave it to fans of the channel.

My only complaint is when is all of YouTube going to stop showing the actual unboxing . It’s so weird it’s s thing
Yes, I’ve often wondered why they even happen. But many people are easily amused and probably get some sort of satisfaction watching it. Some people watch that doctor pimple popper. I could never watch that. There is no telling what can draw in a viewer these days. If someone told me about a doctor lancing pus filled boils, I would think it would have no viewers. Shows how much I know.

Last edited:
BTW, if you watch, please ignore the Gibson QQ issue on his $7k guitar from Sweetwater. Must have been a stellar 55 point inspection.
I actually find that's not all that uncommon for it to happen when shipping a guitar without a fret guard. Or has it just been me with my bad luck?

Not defending Gibson or Sweetwater. They should have known better than to ship a guitar like that. But I mean, could happen to any other copany that doesn't.

If you don’t like it, start your own channel.

Otherwise, you are a jealous cry baby.
No.. Have no desire to put myself out there.. What bothers me is the need young peolpe to be on their popstand in front of a video camera telling everyone in the world how it is when they have no real life experience and couldn't change a flat tire without a credit card.
There's no shame or dignity for the most part among these people..
We are in the era of extreme narcissism.. These people have grown up self obsessed and think it's okay to be taking pictures of themselves everyday..
Just thinking out loud. YMMV..

I respect you guys opinion, but for me I’m so thankful for any guitar content. Wasn’t too long ago it was hard to find and the best avenue for reviews were message boards. While I still love message boards, a picture/video is worth a thousand words as they say.

I use Apple TV as my main TV source throughout the house, so having the Youtube app on there is like watching regular tv with tons of gear reviews, lessons, how to get sounds, concerts etc…right at my fingertips.
I watch YouTube guitar videos more than Directv Streaming, Netflix, etc…

If you don’t like it, start your own channel.

Otherwise, you are a jealous cry baby.
Jealous of WHAT?

If you knew anything about being a great big
A-list YouTube Star
(Clint Eastwood calls them
“Legends in their own minds”)
-you damn well better appreciate raunchy comments.
WHY IN THE HELL?
Because THAT IS where the content creation
is at it’s highest of potency.
The “Content Bombs”

Like Jimmy Page “mining the seam”
& pullin’ the “Bad cop/ Good cop”
in his guitar solo’s with John Bonham driving
the gain up his butt every night.

You won’t find it unless you go out there
and walk the line…

Last edited:
I actually find that's not all that uncommon for it to happen when shipping a guitar without a fret guard. Or has it just been me with my bad luck?

Not defending Gibson or Sweetwater. They should have known better than to ship a guitar like that. But I mean, could happen to any other copany that doesn't.
IDK, I had an aliexpress knockoff shipped directly from China in a heavily taped, styrofoam box, no case or gig bag inside, guitar wrapped in a thin white foam bag with an elastic band around the headstock to keep it on.

It arrived in great shape, even the styrofoam box was in reusable condition.

I'd guess it's Gibson QC gremlins again, not shipping, but SW should have noticed something was amiss IMO. I usually buy new guitars from MF, and ask my sales rep to be sure it's shipped from their warehouse in a factory sealed box. Several guitars in the last year, so far so good.

edit: the styrofoam box was well designed, form fitted to the guitar inside, with many support areas. I probably could have have stood on it and walked on it without issue. Too late to try as I tossed it.

Last edited:
IDK, I had an aliexpress knockoff shipped directly from China in a heavily taped, styrofoam box, no case or gig bag inside, guitar wrapped in a thin white foam bag with an elastic band around the headstock to keep it on.

It arrived in great shape, even the styrofoam box was in reusable condition.

I'd guess it's Gibson QC gremlins again, not shipping, but SW should have noticed something was amiss IMO. I usually buy new guitars from MF, and ask my sales rep to be sure it's shipped from their warehouse in a factory sealed box. Several guitars in the last year, so far so good.
Yeah, not saying it always happens. But I've had it happen to me twice. Not nearly as bad as on the vid. But it happens. After all, a few other companies are using fret guards when they ship guitars, right? I mean, it has to be for something.

Reactions: rsm
that is interesting unboxings are the most watched, im not sure i quite understand that but i did just read an article how someone makes $400k a year letting people watch him sleep so i guess theres a demand for lots of odd things lol

Yes, I’ve often wondered why they even happen. But many people are easily amused and probably get some sort of satisfaction watching it. Some people watch that doctor pimple popper. I could never watch that. There is no telling what can draw in a viewer these days. If someone told me about a doctor lancing pus filled boils, I would think it would have no viewers. Shows how much I know.
I just don’t get it . Watch my box open as Msybe there’s stickers . Idk I always fast forward it . I also don’t like to inbox my own gear lol

Sure you'll agree, far from stupid for taking advantage of the built in audience.
Especially for someone like Kyle where that part of the biz is far from his primary work.

It's the people watching content that are stupid. Especially unboxings.

The shills are just taking advantage of the fact that most people are easily manipulated, especially with products and marketing.

Honestly, kyles in a different lane. Simple, straight on 57 recordings of various high gain heads is like a SERVICE for people curious about how various amps sound. It doesn't come off as an 8 minute commercial brought to you by Nord VPN™ or that one mobile game that's super fucking annoying.

I can jive with that. Even if we have different tastes and stuff, I can see why (most) of what he does on YouTube has value.

Except for the unboxings. Jesus Christ 😂

Back