Buying GC used online…

gybe!

So, I bought a cab from guitar center’s used section delivered to my house and it is not as advertised…missing the casters that were in the original ad and the speakers have been swapped (and are not what was advertised). Anybody dealt with a similar situation and managed to get any sort of positive outcome here?

At the end of the day I’m still going to keep it, but to say I am annoyed that it is not as advertised would be an understatement…

GC is hit or miss. Definitely file a claim/complaint with them to make it right.

I bought a 5150 combo they put in a cardboard box with zero padding or stuffing. The amp was pretty damaged when I got it. Filed a complaint and they paid for all repairs.

Years later, a 1969 Plexi that was supposedly damaged, but absolutely was not; they just didn’t know what they had and it was 🤩. shipping was pristine.

You can easily return anything to GC within the time window (45 days?), no questions asked. They usually do not refund shipping, but if you tell them it's not as advertised (particularly that there were casters shown in the pics), they should refund shipping too.

With cabs, they usually have no idea what speakers are in them and don't really want to have to look for you.

So, I bought a cab from guitar center’s used section delivered to my house and it is not as advertised…missing the casters that were in the original ad and the speakers have been swapped (and are not what was advertised). Anybody dealt with a similar situation and managed to get any sort of positive outcome here?

At the end of the day I’m still going to keep it, but to say I am annoyed that it is not as advertised would be an understatement…
Why keep it? GC has the most open return policy of any place. Take it to your closest GC dealer and tell them what you told us. It will be no questions asked, money back.

Why keep it? GC has the most open return policy of any place. Take it to your closest GC dealer and tell them what you told us. It will be no questions asked, money back.
Keeping it because I already had ordered replacement speakers as part of purchasing it originally so in some ways it’s a non issue, just an annoyance

You can easily return anything to GC within the time window (45 days?), no questions asked. They usually do not refund shipping, but if you tell them it's not as advertised (particularly that there were casters shown in the pics), they should refund shipping too.

With cabs, they usually have no idea what speakers are in them and don't really want to have to look for you.
Tend to concur. The annoyance on my end is
1. The casters were specifically mentioned as included, like the only line in the description so I guess there is a set of casters in the Harrisburg GC🤣
2. The speakers were actually specifically called out in the title of the ad, so…yeah.

1. The casters were specifically mentioned as included, like the only line in the description so I guess there is a set of casters in the Harrisburg GC🤣
2. The speakers were actually specifically called out in the title of the ad, so…yeah.
That sounds like they would readily refund the shipping too but man that is annoying. How did they get the speakers wrong? That's kind of amazing.

They have a good refund policy, but their employees are underpaid.

I always call the store where the item is located for an assessment of the condition.

Generally speaking it is still a 50/50 shot the item arrives like described.

Call the store directly and try to get a hold of the manager. They can probably find the casters for you and maybe give a partial refund on the speakers.

I've had casters shipped separately, and didn't know it....until they suddenly showed up. I'd at least call the store to complain, you might get a partial refund of your purchase price.

I’ve bought a used Orange PPC412 for 600 bucks from GC back in 2016.
Luckily it was very well boxed and in almost new condition.
Still have that same cab today.

I bought an EVH212 years ago from GC/Used. Shipped out of Tejas to NC

Received it broken….speakers were buzzing. Probably an easy fix. Called the Raleigh store. Manger told me to bring it in for a repair or replacement, my choice. I chose replacement …they had no used EVH 212 anywhere in USA. He sent me a brand new one.

Call., with your order info & ask to speak to the manager or the operations manager... they are usually the ones that know what's going on.
See if they can locate & ship the casters, and mention the speakers are not what you were told - they may offer some partial refund.
Good luck

Definitely call them. I never buy anything unless I call them first.

I just bought a suhr from them last night that should arrive this week. Popped up on the website, called the sales girl, confirmed a few things got new photos, purchased. She was great. I am happy with the price. If I don’t like it, I can return it but I never do 🤷‍♂️

Its a crap shoot. I've won big, and got some clunkers. Best case, you can find stuff under priced .Worst case is I'm out an hour ride back and forth to dump it off at my local store and get a refund.

Back