Mesa Boogie is Dead to Me Now

MistaGuitah

Well, just kidding. However, the prices have been raised again! What the heck is going on with Mesa Boogie? To tell you the truth, I love their amps and the Mesa sound but they were always appealing because they weren't real expensive before. I've pretty much lost all interest now because unless you want the specific sound of a Mesa amp, you can buy a high end PTP amp at their prices.

Man, the Rectoverb 25 is $1800 now???? What the...? The little Mark V25 is $2000??? Wow! How on earth did we get from $1299 to $1999 in just a few years? Well, whoever bought Mesa Boogie has loads of confidence because I don't know who can afford gear at today's prices.

Screenshot_20230429_205510_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20230429_205303_Firefox.jpg

Well, just kidding. However, the prices have been raised again! What the heck is going on with Mesa Boogie? To tell you the truth, I love their amps and the Mesa sound but they were always appealing because they weren't real expensive before. I've pretty much lost all interest now because unless you want the specific sound of a Mesa amp, you can buy a high end PTP amp at their prices.

Man, the Rectoverb 25 is $1800 now???? What the...? The little Mark V25 is $2000??? Wow! How on earth did we get from $1299 to $1999 in just a few years? Well, whoever bought Mesa Boogie has loads of confidence because I don't know who can afford gear at today's prices.

View attachment 199390
View attachment 199393
You should have icluded JP2C for 4k too

What???? Once I saw the mini and dual rect prices, I didn't even bother to look at anything else. That's insane money!
Heh I mean the price of tone comes steep. We all can't make that last reach, that final grasp..that we can say gets us to the top of the summit. I'm ready to search within myself and buy a $8000 Mesa combo. Are you?

Marshall’s 20w line of the NMV and MV amps are close to the same price. The mesas also probably a living hell to put together unlike the Marshall. And the mesas built a first world country which is a plus.

Reactions: ccn
I’ll tell you what happened. Gibson bought them out and they want a return on their investment. Also Gibson is also raising prices on their own guitars as well. This is what happens with monopolies - entire companies have market control.

I’ll tell you what happened. Gibson bought them out and they want a return on their investment. Also Gibson is also raising prices on their own guitars as well. This is what happens with monopolies - entire companies have market control.
Didn't know it was Gibson that bought them. I've got to admit that I'm kind of bias towards Gibson. I can't afford Les Pauls anymore but they're the best sounding, most beautiful guitars iny opinion (except for a couple of Nik Hubers that I long for). It's too bad about Mesa Boogie because one of the biggest reasons I loved them was they always kept the prices within reach. Well, I guess every good thing must come to an end as they say.

Didn't know it was Gibson that bought them. I've got to admit that I'm kind of bias towards Gibson. I can't afford Les Pauls anymore but they're the best sounding, most beautiful guitars iny opinion (except for a couple of Nik Hubers that I long for). It's too bad about Mesa Boogie because one of the biggest reasons I loved them was they always kept the prices within reach. Well, I guess every good thing must come to an end as they say.
Mesa's were ALWAYS expensive to me . Marshalls 20 watt studios are close to 2K now . You think things are expensive now, wait a while because it's going to get worse and it's not by accident either .

Back