Mesa Boogie is Dead to Me Now

Mesa's were ALWAYS expensive to me . Marshalls 20 watt studios are close to 2K now . You think things are expensive now, wait a while because it's going to get worse and it's not by accident either .
Believe me, I know better than most people about the grand design but price hikes suck nevertheless.

You know the solution. You gotta buy used.
Buying used is becoming too risky even on the forums. There are too many people blurring the lines between "new" and "old," mint and good condition, etc. They almost always leave out the date. I saw a guy selling a 2014 Small Box for $2500. Sorry but you can't command a premium price for a 9 year old amp.

You can't buy online because sales tax kills whatever good deals you can find. It's too much risk to buy used online because sellers are becoming more and more dishonest. Recently, Reverb took a month to issue a refund in a case that was clear cut.

Used would be nice but like everything else, a few bad apples come along and ruin things for everyone else, and eventually, everyone else starts taking advantage of the new situation.

Buying used is becoming too risky even on the forums. There are too many people blurring the lines between "new" and "old," mint and good condition, etc. They almost always leave out the date. I saw a guy selling a 2014 Small Box for $2500. Sorry but you can't command a premium price for a 9 year old amp.

You can't buy online because sales tax kills whatever good deals you can find. It's too much risk to buy used online because sellers are becoming more and more dishonest. Recently, Reverb took a month to issue a refund in a case that was clear cut.

Used would be nice but like everything else, a few bad apples come along and ruin things for everyone else, and eventually, everyone else starts taking advantage of the new situation.
I’m talking about the Doritos

I’m talking about the Doritos
Pfft! I missed the prior post. LOL! As for Doritos, I just buy Mexican tortilla chips, spray them with a little Avocado oil, and sprinkle then with powdered cheddar and spices. You can also use ranch seasoning and dry white cheddar if you want a cool ranch kind of thing. These days, I make stuff myself because the economy is absurd.

Well, just kidding. However, the prices have been raised again! What the heck is going on with Mesa Boogie? To tell you the truth, I love their amps and the Mesa sound but they were always appealing because they weren't real expensive before. I've pretty much lost all interest now because unless you want the specific sound of a Mesa amp, you can buy a high end PTP amp at their prices.
When "before"? When the Mark 4 came out in 1990 it had a price tag in the $1500 range which equates to around $3500 today..

Yeah, and they downsized their regular bag also. It's all common practice to hike prices and simultaneously down size products these days. What a pathetic state America is in these days.
Price hikes are one thing but downsizing (or shrinkflation) is a whole other ball of wax IMO...

My MW triple rectifier was $1899 brand-new back in 2011, and that was even ordered from mesa with the flush black tolex front and black vents for the front, back, and top.

Last edited:
just got back from the store, they are actually $5.99 not $5.79 :mad: i had to buy a couple bags being they are on sale lol

M4CiWIt.jpg

Back