Post your 2023 stable here

What’s the Koch like ?
Interesting amplifier. Very thick, 3D sounding with a lot of depth. Between the 5 channels, EQ dip switches / boosts and OTS function (adds power amp distorsion at any volume level- adds a pushed Marshall like quality) it's easily the most versatile amplifier I've ever played. In addition, the 3 level speaker damping function behaves similarly to the Diezel Herbert's mid-cut option; boosting low and high response fairly dramatically and compressing the upper mids. Channel one is a pure, piano-like dedicated clean with no gain dial and the Ultra Gain (channel 5) had more gain than any amplifier I've ever owned. I have had the amp for a while, and am still finding new tones and textures. My amp tech here in Los Angeles opened it up and felt compelled to contact Dolph Koch and pertsonally compliment him on the design and engineering. He works on many high-end amps and called it a "masterpiece". Pretty amazing amp overall actually.

C2B44098-C9B1-4A0C-BD12-CACFA555BE76.jpeg

Interesting amplifier. Very thick, 3D sounding with a lot of depth. Between the 5 channels, EQ dip switches / boosts and OTS function (adds power amp distorsion at any volume level- adds a pushed Marshall like quality) it's easily the most versatile amplifier I've ever played. In addition, the 3 level speaker damping function behaves similarly to the Diezel Herbert's mid-cut option; boosting low and high response fairly dramatically and compressing the upper mids. Channel one is a pure, piano-like dedicated clean with no gain dial and the Ultra Gain (channel 5) had more gain than any amplifier I've ever owned. I have had the amp for a while, and am still finding new tones and textures. My amp tech here in Los Angeles opened it up and felt compelled to contact Dolph Koch and pertsonally compliment him on the design and engineering. He works on many high-end amps and called it a "masterpiece". Pretty amazing amp overall actually.
Awesome

I don't have a cool pic of them all together, but here's my current list:

Fryette Powerstation 1
Peavey 5150 combo
Peavey VTM60
Sound City Master Lead 50
Starfield VPA-1 preamp
Taurus THD450 rack head
VVT Simo-Plex combo
Yamaha THR10X

Also have a home made 6v6 powered Marshall 2061x clone head, but it's got some issues. Should see about having someone fix it up for me at some point.....it's just been collecting dust for a decade

How do you like that Koch Supernova?

Excellent writeup man. I’ve got a Twintone I got new almost 20 years ago, and it’s got killer cleans and smoky leads but is in need of an OD pedal out front. I’ve been considering swapping the Jensen speaker as well.

Back