Mystery Knob on Back of Ed's Amp Was FET ?!?!?

Hasn't every reputable tech that worked on his Marshall said it was stock?
He talks about that in this video.. 31:30 time stamp

Those quotes are from the guys (Suhr, Friedman, et al) who saw it after Van Wheelden returned it to stock, but used Teflon wire.

Friedman then took the amp, and gutted a vintage donor amp (given to him by Ed) to return it to even "more" of a pristine stock status.

Last edited:
Def FET

Dude, everyone knows it was the pack of Winstons

PS: I couldn't get past the 1:20 mark. Do you want to copy the YT link via time stamp? Do you know how to do that? Or at least give me a clue :LOL:

ZIzOMh1.jpg

ktl9sJa.jpg

Def FET

Dude, everyone knows it was the pack of Winstons

PS: I couldn't get past the 1:20 mark. Do you want to copy the YT link via time stamp? Do you know how to do that? Or at least give me a clue :LOL:

ZIzOMh1.jpg

ktl9sJa.jpg
The middle cab on the stack to the left it turned toward Al's kit...too cool.

It doesn't matter. If you gave any of us that rig it wouldn't sound like Eddie. I mean Why try to figure it out ?? Look at the whole rig -- no tolex on anything , cables everywhere ! Guys this is ROCK AND ROLL . You can have you clean stages and modelers .
8kQ51Ws.jpg

i want to know what that boombox is in front of the bass drum?? is it a boost?? tape delay?? what tape is it in the cassette player?? sureley a 30min high bias tape epitaxial is gonna sound different than a 90min TDK bullshit?? i need to know!!!!

I'd be willing to bet it was a Jose master volume installed by Jose Arredondo. Ed probably tried it, and didn't like it.
Watch the video in the OP..

He completely destroys that theory.

You'll get it, if you listen to what he's saying, because the location for that mod is all wrong.

Back