Neat idea from JHS. Build your own Klon for $99. No soldering necessary.

2.5 minutes in and I can already tell which kiddos taking over the business. Lol

Oh wait, she's not his kiddo. Doh! Just reached the end of the video. Great video. Just in time for Christmas shopping. Pretty smart. I already have a fav klone, but this is tempting, for funzies.

Last edited:
wonder what it has for clipping diodes ...... real deal Germaniums that spec out are a pain in the ass to find ...

I like the idea though ....... fun ..... hopefully it gets more people to look inside their " magical boxes "

Imagine you spend years of isolation to design something and finally bring it to market. Then some fat shitbag under the guise of family man takes your hard work and sells it in front of your face..

wonder what it has for clipping diodes ...... real deal Germaniums that spec out are a pain in the ass to find ...

I like the idea though ....... fun ..... hopefully it gets more people to look inside their " magical boxes "
Crystal lattice.

I actually used some NOS germanium in my Ceriatone Klon clone. If my memory serves me they were both matched at 2.7 volts or something close. I went through a bunch to get a matched pair. The pedal lost a little bit of midrange, but had more mojo.

JHS. Isn't that the guy that lectured me about black lives matter during the riots? Yeah, he can stick his hunk of junk kit klon in his ear.

He's kind of genius in my opinion ...... with the marketing .... he managed as a collector / pedal builder to not only place a crap ton of info into the pedal/gear world with his Youtube Channel .... I would watch his " history of this and that " all the time ..... a ton of knowledge regarding rare pedals ..... that he owns and demos and compares ....
with all that he basically built this circle that comes back to him ...... he releases something and it's collectable .... instantly ... driving the price up just do to availability .... which creates the hype ...... which allows him to comfortably pick quantities to run . I think he's a super smart cat ....

JHS. Isn't that the guy that lectured me about black lives matter during the riots? Yeah, he can stick his hunk of junk kit klon in his ear.
Translated to RigTalk E-BONICS

Stuff it and yet red headed stepchild up your wife's fat ass.

He's kind of genius in my opinion ...... with the marketing .... he managed as a collector / pedal builder to not only place a crap ton of info into the pedal/gear world with his Youtube Channel .... I would watch his " history of this and that " all the time ..... a ton of knowledge regarding rare pedals ..... that he owns and demos and compares ....
with all that he basically built this circle that comes back to him ...... he releases something and it's collectable .... instantly ... driving the price up just do to availability .... which creates the hype ...... which allows him to comfortably pick quantities to run . I think he's a super smart cat ....
Agree. He spreads knowledge, perpetuating the pedal market, supports other builders. He's an encyclopedia of knowledge, shares it in the best way.
I'd say he def has finger on the pulse, but at this point, I think he's the heartbeat. At least the left ventricle.

Back