When Tom Morello tries to play with real guitarists...

SgtThump

Real OG
Surely this has been posted before, but I just came across it tonight. Watch what happens when Tom Morello tries to play with real guitarists.

It's so absurd... It's like one of those funny fake "shred" videos that sound horrible.

NOTE - Video below starts a minute or two before his shitshow, just to show it in context. LOL

Yeah, he's terrible technique-wise, saw a video of him one day playing with some of these guys and it was sad. However, he wrote some killer riffs and has a good groove, he's just not a lead player in the slightest.
To be honest, I totally dig his tone on the first record and the bands killer groove. I like his rhythm playing and the band.

But his lead stuff? Ridiculously horrible.

You mean his normal record scratching thing? Or the playing with his mouth thing?

Both were super popular back in the day

I predict this thread will not be as epic as your O.G. Tom Morello thread Thump....unless he's playing a Kirk Hammet solo on a Larry while doing the chick from polyphia from behind.....
laugh spew.gif

Yeah, he's terrible technique-wise, saw a video of him one day playing with some of these guys and it was sad. However, he wrote some killer riffs and has a good groove, he's just not a lead player in the slightest.
This. Riffmaster, yes.....made and sold lots of records with his writing. But, he's in WAAY over his head playing with those guys. They are on a whole other level.

I will always remember going to the Met in NYC when they had the guitars and amp tour. There was Jimmy Pages entire rig right next to EVHs rig and next to that was Tom Morellos rig. Nothing for nothing but that rig didnt belong anywhere near those other two.
I would have loved to have been to that.

Back