Keeley's Triplets Are Out

romanianreaper

Got the newest three of these yesterday. Great sounding pedals and all a 2-in-1 like the Noble Screamer.

The Super Rodent and Blues Disorder are my favorites. You can imagine what those are based on. Sound great as a boost!

Screenshot_20240312_133329_Samsung Internet.jpg

Absolutely killer looking boxes with some pretty nice features and tone select options but no 9v gah..

Someday when I hit the big time I'ma get Wayne at Griffin Analog to build me something awesome that kicks ass with a cranked Twin. I'ma call it The Texas Big Clean or something like that and the box gonna be blue or purple metalflake with ivory white cursive lettering. That's my dream.

Absolutely killer looking boxes with some pretty nice features and tone select options but no 9v gah..

Someday when I hit the big time I'ma get Wayne at Griffin Analog to build me something awesome that kicks ass with a cranked Twin. I'ma call it The Texas Big Clean or something like that and the box gonna be blue or purple metalflake with ivory white cursive lettering. That's my dream.
I play basically this, with a Chiron and 808 Screamer. It rules.

I play basically this, with a Chiron and 808 Screamer. It rules.
I was thinking about a toggle switchable boost/OD. 9v option maybe with enough space to go 18v or just stow a 2nd battery since I don't have room for it in the gunny sack I like to carry my guitar around in.

The boost for gigs when the Twin is dimed out and the OD for when you gotta earn a paycheck at some lower volume affair. Then some bitch on gear page will whine that there isn't separate gain knobs for the boost and overdrive sections. At that point I can get that guy banned just on my street cred, the mods never being aware that they threw me off that bitch about a half dozen times, lol. Then again if I hit the big time I will only need the boost side but hey there will still be guys out there in the streets who need the OD section. Heck yeah I like this already....

I was thinking about a toggle switchable boost/OD. 9v option maybe with enough space to go 18v or just stow a 2nd battery since I don't have room for it in the gunny sack I like to carry my guitar around in.

The boost for gigs when the Twin is dimed out and the OD for when you gotta earn a paycheck at some lower volume affair. Then some bitch on gear page will whine that there isn't separate gain knobs for the boost and overdrive sections. At that point I can get that guy banned just on my street cred, the mods never being aware that they threw me off that bitch about a half dozen times, lol. Then again if I hit the big time I will only need the boost side but hey there will still be guys out there in the streets who need the OD section. Heck yeah I like this already....
You ever check one of these out? I replaced the Chiron/808 from this. I still use it though...it has higher gain capabilities too with Fender amps.
IMG_3605.jpeg

You ever check one of these out? I replaced the Chiron/808 from this. I still use it though...it has higher gain capabilities too with Fender amps. View attachment 295397
I've seen some demos and it sounds really good (what Bogner gear doesn't?) but it doesn't look like it will run off a 9v. It also is large and the top of my amp is my pedal board. It's too complex for me. I don't need a full EQ like that, it would screw me all up. You guys are rig masters, I can't claim that title. I don't do the chug so a cranked Twin alone gets me most of the way there, I just like a little extra on the top for the leads and something that cleans up good on the guitar volume because it's on all night. I like chilling with the audience more than twisting knobs myself.

you can get 18 volts off of a 9 Volt supply ..... using a charge pump chip .... some of them will flip the voltage too .... that's why you see them in modern versions of older fuzz and treble boost circuits ..... so if you have a ToneBender with PNP Germaniums in it .... they require negative voltage ... instead of having a total separate power supply .... they just have the charge pump flip the voltage ...
or like the Klon/Chiron ...... you go 9 volts in .... but the charge pump doubles the voltage to the IC's so they run at 18 volts

I've seen some demos and it sounds really good (what Bogner gear doesn't?) but it doesn't look like it will run off a 9v. It also is large and the top of my amp is my pedal board. It's too complex for me. I don't need a full EQ like that, it would screw me all up. You guys are rig masters, I can't claim that title. I don't do the chug so a cranked Twin alone gets me most of the way there, I just like a little extra on the top for the leads and something that cleans up good on the guitar volume because it's on all night. I like chilling with the audience more than twisting knobs myself.
It's quite simple really. And it does run from a 9v.
IMG_3606.jpeg

you can get 18 volts off of a 9 Volt supply ..... using a charge pump chip .... some of them will flip the voltage too .... that's why you see them in modern versions of older fuzz and treble boost circuits ..... so if you have a ToneBender with PNP Germaniums in it .... they require negative voltage ... instead of having a total separate power supply .... they just have the charge pump flip the voltage ...
or like the Klon/Chiron ...... you go 9 volts in .... but the charge pump doubles the voltage to the IC's so they run at 18 volts
This is interesting but you keep talking like this in public and I'm gonna have the local blues police kicking in my front door. I don't own a Fedora. I don't use names like "Doc" or words like "mojo". I haven't had a pair of wingtips since the 90's. No newsboy cap either. No bowling shirts. No "slacks" except not being able to get a damn job as a dishwasher. It's rough out here boy. Help me Obi-Wayne, you're my only hope.

But serious @japetus I would have to hire a rig-talker full time just to dial that puppy in. I just want a single tone knob that don't interfere with my amps EQ at all when in the 12 o clock position. I start having problems when there are too many knobs to turn. Not complex to you. You're smart. Probably the dude who shoved me outta line when the brains were being handed out. I need simple stuff for a simple mind.

That's basically how the Klon came about, if I'm not mistaken. Or to sound like a cranked Twin at sane volume levels.

I still have to put that in one pedal .... don't I ....... we'll call it " The Japetus "

I have a POT/Klon in a box. They can be used separately or together, with a switch that picks which is first in the chain.
I also have a real deal King of Tone. Love em both, for everything from clean boost, to light crunch od, to smooth singing leads and total rock mayhem -- with the nod going to the King of Tone, just because it's better than the POT side of my POT/Klone.
I like both of those pedals better than the Tim and Fulldrive, that have just a gain boost, vs two independent circuits that can be tweaked to work well as standalone and together.

Another option I've been using lately is the Way Huge Geisha into an amp on edge of breakup. Such a killer pedal. It's based on the Maxon SD9, but with a more useable tone knob, plenty of volume boost, and gobs of gain. Riding the guitar volume with that pedal, and sometimes nailing it with TS for tightness and leads is a blast. That would kill into a cranked Twin. There are like 4 or 5 clips of it with my EVH 78 Eruption into a BC Audio Bel Air on my YT channel if anyone wants to have a listen. It's a killer box.

Edited to say @griff10672 a Way Huge Geisha with Klone (or TS or KOT, but Klone would be my pick) in one box would be a great all in one clean boost, overdrive, distortion. Yeah, that would be pretty insane. I can think of some tweaks that would make it special.

Last edited:
Back