Current Marshall modders that are original, unique, or just great all around?

I have had 2 monomyths and both were great. The 1974 superlead though with the extra tube gain stage was special. It still had the bark that you want from a Marshall but it was brutal. I could get away with AC/DC to Alice in Chains to death metal . One of the few amps I wouldn't use any pedals with

284306-455167-d1c366eead-6209.jpg

thar she blows ...

Yea I don’t want my core tone changed if I’m using a modded Marshall. I want it to still sound and be a Marshall, just maybe a few minor adjustments if needed. I’m not even so much looking for ‘custom’ as much as just a good modded Marshall that sounds like a Marshall and acts like one but can due further ranges.
I understand. If you are in the Austin area, swing by and try a wizard w800. I call it the Warshall. It is 100 watts of pure violence.

I keep hearing this, going to look in to this. Ive hear a couple hear and they all sound very good.

His amps are amazing, I have a modded Marshall and a modded Mesa, and they are just perfect for what I am looking for.

Albeit I’m not playing a ton of oldies, they can get that 80s tone in strides if that’s what you’re looking for. I think the bigger misconception that I’m reading here is that they are ONLY suuuper tight, the tightness range on the amp is great and can be easily dialed loose. You can get some nice SLO style bloom with the tightness knob off.

The Mesa Rectifier he modded for me goes from Rev G tones to tighter than the Badlander while still having more lows.

The only modded Marshall I ever had was like 30 years ago and was a Ken Fischer Trainwreck built JCM800. I bought the amp new in the 80s and then had Ken push it as far as he could at the time. Unreal sounding amp and I stupidly sold it cause I was young and broke. Had a killer relationship with Ken and thats what makes working with a modder so important. I want what I hear in my head. I have said this before but I dont know what a Jose, Ocean, Aldrich etc.. mod sounds like cause I have never heard them in person and even the exact same amp with the same mod can vary quite a bit in sound, and clips will only go so far.

I found Monomyth on Youtube and emailed them and asked some questions. From there I called them to get an idea of what they do and what I can expect. Shea has delivered in spades! I have a 1977 50w and a Metro built 68 spec that he did all kinds of great things to. These amps are the QUIETEST high gainers I've heard and sound glorious. I am not sure what mod Shea did but I told him what I wanted and thats what he gave me..in spades!! Both amps sounds and feels Marshall thru and thru but no boost required for ultra high gain stuff. Shea might not be as known as Dave Friedman or some of the other big name guys but I dont doubt he will be in time.

...and people carbon copy Mark stuff, and they still can't make their amps sound as good. :ROFLMAO: 😂😂
The guy is a a dick but he has good ears and makes unique sounding amps and mods. He is also a great player and commonly sounds good, I think that helps a lot.

No way is that Mark's work, period no way.
Sure is. Look up mark cameron Marshall amp mods and search the images. This dude has fucking laptop power supply parts going on in some, boards sprayed and gooped and flipped upside down, all kinds of stuff. He has great ears but being an electrical wizard or making quality decision is not his forté.

A search on the net is far from proof...
Just think how parental guidance could help in situations like this. Careful out there, someone could get hurt haha

Last edited:
Message to op, the disrespect for mods offering services to players is down right offensive to me, we do this for love and passion, I’m modding and building full time now and can tell you all we keep a list of bad apples.
Bad apples as in the amps that turn out not so good?

Back