Sweetwater has been bought out.

No you dont have it right all my shit is not readily available anymore and I have never bought anything from big box music store except a bugera 1960 for 229 shipped on MF stupid deal of the day for giggles. Oh and they dont make those anymore.

Yeah, I do have it right then. The stuff you have/like/want isn't available through Sweetwater, so they're not relevant to you, but you still come into a Sweetwater thread announcing "I'd never buy anything from them" and just leave it at that, which absolutely implies you don't like the company for some specific reason.

Shit talking a company like that implants the idea of an unsatisfied customer in people's heads, and you're just willing to go with that because fuck everybody else, you have what you want, might as well cause some chaos.

Either you didn't know what you were doing, in which case you're an idiot because how could you not understand that, or you did know what you were doing, in which case you're an unhappy asshole trying to make other people as unhappy as you.

Last edited:
maxresdefault.jpg

Schweetwater, engineering a way into your wallet since 1979.
I bought an SG guitar earlier this year. I emailed my SW "sales engineer" as he had reached out to me about a month earlier to see what kinda deal i could get. I never heard back til 3 days later from the guy.
Meanwhile i bought an SG from American Musical Supply and it was delivered in 2 days flat a whole day before SW returned my email. Snooze ya loose.
I wish everyone well and don't want to see good companies go down the tubes or anyone lose their job but we all know where this is going eventually.

Last edited:
Yeah, I do have it right then. The stuff you have/like/want isn't available through Sweetwater, so they're not relevant to you, but you still come into a Sweetwater thread announcing "I'd never buy anything from them" and just leave it at that, which absolutely implies you don't like the company for some specific reason.

Shit talking a company like that implants the idea of an unsatisfied customer in people's heads, and you're just willing to go with that because fuck everybody else, you have what you want, might as well cause a little bit of chaos.

Either you didn't know what you were doing, in which case you're an idiot because how could you not understand that, or you did know what you were doing, in which case you're an unhappy asshole trying to make other people as unhappy as you.
Go talk that shit to somebody that gives a fuck. And for your information I will come into any god damn thread I please. Go play in the street with Donnie B

Also should add that I've never had a bad deal with SW, and the rep I've had for years
now has always really taken care of things.

My Sweetwater rep is a cool chick with a hot voice.
She calls me late at night around 2am and says dirty things to me....
"I know you want the Pink taco"
Yes...I want the pink taco.
"What will you do with the pink taco?"
Ummm...slam it with my way huge swollen pickle.
"Oh yeah? Then what will you do?"
Your voice sounds familiar. Do I know you?
" It's me...mailman Dan. You wanna fuck or not?"

Last edited:
There are a few reasons why a company works with a private equity company
1- business is failing and the PE firm buys it, fixes it and sells it.
2- business wants to expand and need to raise capital money to do it. It can either go Public, go into debt (borrow) or partner with a private Equity firm.

PE firms work in many different ways, some are no more than an investor and lets the Company do their plans, others are very hands on and have a heavy hand in the direction of the company. Time will tell what this is, but it’s not necessarily bad at all.

I’ve worked in leadership positions at a company that was owned by a PE firm. The PE firm invested millions into our plans and while there was a lot of pressure to deliver, the company was very successful and grew to employ over 10,000 people, vs going out of business and firing about 8,000 people.

@stratjacket

I was thinking along the lines of #2 when I was reading up on them.
They have their hands in over 200 companies, some of them pretty huge,
and yet they only list 240 employees.

Pretty hard to be a bull in a China shop when you're stretched that thin.

There are a few reasons why a company works with a private equity company
1- business is failing and the PE firm buys it, fixes it and sells it.
2- business wants to expand and need to raise capital money to do it. It can either go Public, go into debt (borrow) or partner with a private Equity firm.

PE firms work in many different ways, some are no more than an investor and lets the Company do their plans, others are very hands on and have a heavy hand in the direction of the company. Time will tell what this is, but it’s not necessarily bad at all.

I’ve worked in leadership positions at a company that was owned by a PE firm. The PE firm invested millions into our plans and while there was a lot of pressure to deliver, the company was very successful and grew to employ over 10,000 people, vs going out of business and firing about 8,000 people.
The owner of SW cashed in his chips.
Not hard to figure it out.
Seen it a million times.
This is why we can't have nice things.

Ummm...slam it with my way huge overdrive.
Well when I wander into a store completely nude with a raging boner. I want service goddamit!!!

welcome to the internet.
The line for pointing out the obvious forms to the right.
Stop by the gift shop for free coffee.
Please,don't feel the angry trolls.

long term is the same for any company since 1980, layoff employees outsource your call center to the Philippines and cut everything to the bone til nothings left then blame it on a Democrat.
I was with you all the way on this until that last part. No reason to bring politics into it. I'm not a Democrat either.

Too bad about SW. They seemed like one the last great places to buy gear.

Ummm...slam it with my way huge overdrive.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ! !

Oh shit that is funny.

I've bought multiple high end amps and cabs from them and they've always come through. Sales people know their stuff, too. They're even good about giving discounts on stuff that can be discounted. Actually, once I bought a 4x12 from them that got damaged during shipping due to a tornado (so obviously not their fault), and when I reported it damaged, all they asked for was a description of the damages and they replaced it without hesitation.

Sweetwater is ...by far... easily the best music equipment merchant I have ever dealt with.

Why wouldn't you guys buy anything from them?
Because they are annoying and creepy. Constantly calling. The reps have no more knowledge than you can find out online. I don’t know if they still do it, but they used to make their reps live there in a dorm like environment. Just plain weird

The only time a Sweetwater rep has ever called me was if there was an issue with my order, like an unexpected delay, or a better open-box deal available or something like that.

Back