Fortin Sigil

Bilzmuzik

So being a new owner of a Sigil amp, I'm hoping a few of you out there, may be owners yours, and have accurate information about the power tubes in this head. I'm wondering if it's possible to use other pwr tubes in this head, or whether one is limited to the factory tubes. I believe they are 6v6 tubes? I haven't actually looked at them as yet. It's 00002 serial and it's on the way from the original owner to me. Also what would the guidelines be for tube Bias, depending on the tubes?
TIA. Bill

6V6 only form what I understand. I had read 6v6 and 6L6 COULD be interchangable but would not work in this amp. Confirmed by Mike F.

Bias instructions are in the manual, if I recall correctly. Bias measurement jacks (for use with a multimeter set to the lowest volt measurement) are on the rear panel.

The power tubes are indeed 6V6. Don't switch to anything else; the power transformer probably won't handle 6L6. I wouldn't bother trying other brands unless the originals stop working properly.

Outside of plate voltage limitations, It’s the power tube heater filament requirements that also really limit what can and can’t be placed in the amp. 6L6GCS require double the heater filament current compared to 6v6. You’ll likely burn up the PT filament winding by overheating it, essentially making the winding look shorted to ground.

Back