Holy shit!! Thought I’ve seen all AC/DC clipps

Yup remeber reading he played Mesa. For a while. I guess.... what I’m trying to imply. Haha
Last nite was a YouTube chasing. Was HOW IN THE HELL??? CAN HE PLAY STUFF NOTE FOR NOTE?!?
He was bouncing all around. Looked up. Seen Bon. Eyes closed. Did not miss one note!! I know these songs! Just incredible

Dude they used boogie mk 4 on that tour . It’s a fact . There’s pics of angus rig online . I’ll find it
How is that an argument? I don't care what amp Angus was playing then, I showed an example of him sounding GREAT.
Just because *I* would want to play THAT riff when I'd fire up a fullstack Marshall, doesn't mean I implied *he* was playing Marshalls then. Couldn't care less.

How is that an argument? I don't care what amp Angus was playing then, I showed an example of him sounding GREAT.
Just because *I* would want to play THAT riff when I'd fire up a fullstack Marshall, doesn't mean I implied *he* was playing Marshalls then. Couldn't care less.
. I thought you meant it sounds like a Marshall . To me it’s too dirty for angus , listen to Hells Bells , it’s cool but it’s an over saturated mess . Don’t get me wrong I love it but I don’t think it’s a usual or great angus tone at all . But fr the album is my favorite live album

. I thought you meant it sounds like a Marshall . To me it’s too dirty for angus , listen to Hells Bells , it’s cool but it’s an over saturated mess . Don’t get me wrong I love it but I don’t think it’s a usual or great angus tone at all . But fr the album is my favorite live album
Ah ok, I see where you're coming from.
It was indeed quite saturated for him and Hells Bells is indeed too swamped. But that was at the Razor's Edge time and I think the heavier drumming style of Slade helped a bit in steering them to a harder direction.

Production wise, for me, the Highway to Hell and Back in Black albums were peak performance. Clarity, rawness, but just enough polish to make it sound cohesive and defined.

Ah ok, I see where you're coming from.
It was indeed quite saturated for him and Hells Bells is indeed too swamped. But that was at the Razor's Edge time and I think the heavier drumming style of Slade helped a bit in steering them to a harder direction.

Production wise, for me, the Highway to Hell and Back in Black albums were peak performance. Clarity, rawness, but just enough polish to make it sound cohesive and defined.
I agree ! But Powerage must be included too . I fucking love the tones there too . I love AC/DC so much I could talk all day . Another fun fact about that Mesa tone . After they made the Live album and he saw how heavy it was he decided to go dry and old school . That’s why ballbreaker so try abs lees gainy . It’s cool but not as cool as old tones

My favorite tone for them for their heavy side is Fly On The Wall. Just has this extra juice and aggression but still defined and raw. Angus gets some fantastic harmonics and squeals on his leads and the rhythm tone is enormous. Don't know if they were just boosting the Marshalls with that wireless unit or what, but it definitely sounds "pushed". My favorite tone over all is the Let There Be Rock Album. Amps sound like they are going to pop.

Yes!! I saw that tour. First concert ever. I was 14 years old. Knew the cassette very well. I was by myself. Lights dropped. Angus came out ripping the opening riff Fly on the wall. Was the most jaw dropping moments EVER!! His hair was like down to his waist. Blew my mind!!
Still got the concert jersey

Back