Holy shit!! Thought I’ve seen all AC/DC clipps

I love the tones . Powerage has possibly the best tone ever . I like more the EVH brown sound

The cleanest crunch tone ever !
That was key to the superb clarity and mixes of their early albums, particularly Back in Black which I reckon is the definitive hard-rock sound, the standard-setter IMHO.

IOW, not too much gain. Gives a bigger sound. Better for mixing 'cause there're less harmonics flying around and interfering with other mix elements.

That was key to the superb clarity and mixes of their early albums, particularly Back in Black which I reckon is the definitive hard-rock sound, the standard-setter IMHO.

IOW, not too much gain. Gives a bigger sound. Better for mixing 'cause there're less harmonics flying around and interfering with other mix elements.I

IOW, not too much gain. Gives a bigger sound. Better for mixing 'cause there're less harmonics flying around and interfering with other mix elements.
I agree 100 percent. Only one thing . Malcom’s best tone ever was with the Boogie . Listen to jailbreak tone on ACDC LIVE . Angus tone is not great but Malcom wow . Especially jailbreak intro . But ya I agree with all you said about the recording

On October 1, 2004, Melbourne's Corporation Lane was officially renamed "ACDC Lane" in honour of the band (street names in the City of Melbourne cannot contain the "/" character or other punctuation marks). This change was made in part because the music video for "It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock 'n' Roll)" was filmed on Melbourne's Swanston Street, near ACDC Lane. The Melbourne City Council's vote to rename the street was unanimous.[16] Bagpipers played "It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock 'n' Roll)" at the official renaming ceremony.

2A7J84R-1500x999.jpg
Screenshot 2021-11-14 190412.jpg

cherry-bar.jpg

29635393261_aa31652b31_o.jpg

How have you not seen that before man? haha... I remember seeing this one of those nights I couldnt sleep and just took a crazy youtube adventure lol. I love this song man.. one of my favorite songs to crank up when driving.

When I think of legit MADMAN?
Yeah, Ozzy but not so fast!
Angus Young...that madman banging his head
while playing guitar solo's for hours straight
performing live...
Just to have the nuts to go all in like that..
Aussie balls of f'n steel man.
And he pulled that shit in his school fatigues.
True 'birthing' of BEAST MODE.
And he ain't hidin' inside his amps distortion,
dry dimed Marshalls and an SG,
a walking tall machine gun man.
Do not get me started about THE HAMMER
on the otherside of the stage.
Right on Mailman.
You ain't the Eggman..you the Mailman.

I agree 100 percent. Only one thing . Malcom’s best tone ever was with the Boogie . Listen to jailbreak tone on ACDC LIVE . Angus tone is not great but Malcom wow . Especially jailbreak intro . But ya I agree with all you said about the recording
Wait whut? You mean the double album from '91? "Angus tone is not great"....:oops:o_O:jerkit:

The opening riff to "Shoot to Thrill" on that live album is friggin' epic! To me, that's THE riff to play if you have a fullstack Marshall cranked. I mean, CRANKED. When you can basically almost hear the electrons on standby getting kinda uneasy, looking to another with a "Uhm guys, what's gonna happen to us? Are we gonna die??!" :geek:

There's actually some YT video of a bunch of guys testing amps at max levels and 'best' levels in a shed, and funnily enough, when they testdrive a fullstack JCM800 cranked, he plays the Shoot to Thrill intro riff too. Kindred minds... :sneaky:

This rocks SO hard... and yes, Malcolm's tone is superb here too.

EDIT: Found the other YT video:
This is the guys in the shed with the amps dimed; first up is a cranked JCM800 with the Shoot to Thrill riff! :rock:

Last edited:
Wait whut? You mean the double album from '91? "Angus tone is not great"....:oops:o_O:jerkit:

The opening riff to "Shoot to Thrill" on that live album is friggin' epic! To me, that's THE riff to play if you have a fullstack Marshall cranked. I mean, CRANKED. When you can basically almost hear the electrons on standby getting kinda uneasy, looking to another with a "Uhm guys, what's gonna happen to us? Are we gonna die??!" :geek:

There's actually some YT video of a bunch of guys testing amps at max levels and 'best' levels in a shed, and funnily enough, when they testdrive a fullstack JCM800 cranked, he plays the Shoot to Thrill intro riff too. Kindred minds... :sneaky:

This rocks SO hard... and yes, Malcolm's tone is superb here too.

EDIT: Found the other YT video:
This is the guys in the shed with the amps dimed; first up is a cranked JCM800 with the Shoot to Thrill riff! :rock:

Dude they used boogie mk 4 on that tour . It’s a fact . There’s pics of angus rig online . I’ll find it

Back