Mesa Mark III to III++ Mod

Mike is a really nice guy. I’ve chatted with him many times. He’s even helped me out on a few occasions when I had issues with an old Mark III.

I expect him to retire really soon. He’s worked long enough. Haha.

Just made the drop for the ++ mod and told Mike to add as much plus as possible, he totally undsrstood, laughed and said not to worry...

psychodave":pjxk4ffx said:
Mike is a really nice guy. I’ve chatted with him many times. He’s even helped me out on a few occasions when I had issues with an old Mark III.

I expect him to retire really soon. He’s worked long enough. Haha.
He really is a genuinely good nice person for sure. Super great people! One of those Bros you feel connected too.

exo-metal":3sb0qjdc said:
Just made the drop for the ++ mod and told Mike to add as much plus as possible, he totally undsrstood, laughed and said not to worry...

Nice. Mine is on the way in. Extra sauce too. :rock:

shredtilimdead13":3kyqj6sl said:
OK guys think clips are necessity at this point there's like two on the entirety of the Internet right now

Will do. Most definitely. Anxious to hear what it can it can do and how it compares to my others.

Hey guys, been following this thread as I have a III Red Stripe that needs some TLC and maybe some juice as well. Is there a direct way to get a hold of Mike B or just call Mesa and ask?
Also, any ideas on the Red Stripe vs Blue Stripe as you all have been discussing??

Thanks

Just call them direct. He can any version into what u want,.his words not mine. There is some misconceptions about the ++ mod effecting the other channel and Mike says that is just not true. After he said that I was all in. Good luck.

Bumping this as we never got to hear final thoughts on the III++!

I've got a Green stripe for sale but thinking of keeping it and asking Mike for ++. Actually not sure if he's even doing mods at the moment.

I been thinking about doing this too . I called a week ago and they said Mike B is slammed and unsure about adding any more mods to his list of things to catch up on .

I have a 3 ++ I just picked up I’ll take a photo don’t remember the stripe.
It is smoother and it’s great don’t get me wrong but I find that with passive low gain pickups it can be a-little softer and prefer my 3+ better. With emgs and high gain pickups I think it’s preference more than anything.

Hope that helps

Either way they both kick ass and are amazing Amps

I have a 3 ++ I just picked up I’ll take a photo don’t remember the stripe.
It is smoother and it’s great don’t get me wrong but I find that with passive low gain pickups it can be a-little softer and prefer my 3+ better. With emgs and high gain pickups I think it’s preference more than anything.

Hope that helps

Either way they both kick ass and are amazing Amps
Thanks, so do you recommend getting either the + or ++ over stock? My III has plenty of gain and aggression, just curious :D

I have 6 Mark3++ amps now. Just to put my original post in perspective. :rock:

Both the DRG and HRG sound great with the ++ mod. I much prefer them over the stock version and sound. Just a more evil and meaner sounding amp. It cuts better with more gain.

Not sure I agree with the "smoother" sound description above.

Thanks, so do you recommend getting either the + or ++ over stock? My III has plenty of gain and aggression, just curious :D

I prefer personally a green stripe c+
I think it’s clearer retains some of the pure 3 grind but adds alittle of the c plus thang that it does to the top end.
I don’t like c ++ clarity. It seems to fold alittle to me it’s very saturated. I have it when I want to do the Metallica master fan boy thing lol.

But for my speed

I like mk3 green stripes are my fav
C + mod with new caps and tranny. I get the Grind I get better clarity in the top and bottom
With alittle touch of c+ harmonic over tones.

I attach photos of my c++ red stripe also for proof
That’s just my opinion again to each is own at this level we are picking nat shit out of pepper.

Attachments

• 6D83AAD4-D4F2-44D1-BC40-345670648536.jpeg
    6D83AAD4-D4F2-44D1-BC40-345670648536.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 78
  • 1632557A-EF8F-4706-9725-7E71AA1EB130.jpeg
    1632557A-EF8F-4706-9725-7E71AA1EB130.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 75
  • 9DE6EA58-FA43-4E83-99D0-59142EA5B2F1.jpeg
    9DE6EA58-FA43-4E83-99D0-59142EA5B2F1.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 66
  • 822C247C-39BC-4571-A097-FCF0F6A1FA6D.jpeg
    822C247C-39BC-4571-A097-FCF0F6A1FA6D.jpeg