Revv Generator experiences?

I have no experience with Rev Generater. Can one of you reply with a song where your like the amp sound like THIS

Someone please post a Sneap tone that sounds the the Rev . I’m tjust trying to see what time you’re all taking about . Idk anything abou Rev and what’s the Sneap tone ?

Well damn. I guess I’m the only one who likes the Revv 😂

I’ll elaborate a bit at least. I wanted an amp that could do a ton of sounds on tap and sound very modern. It does exactly that. The “doesn’t move air” I read in an earlier comment is confusing but I guess we all have different experiences with amps. It’s a cool amp that sounds great. It will hold its own np in a room of great sounding amps. Refined is a good way to describe it. Easy to dial in. Try one out if you get the chance.

Last edited:
Well damn. I guess I’m the only one who likes the Revv 😂

I’ll elaborate a bit at least. I wanted an amp that could do a ton of sounds on tap and sound very modern. It does exactly that. The “doesn’t move air” I read in an earlier comment is confusing but I guess we all have different experiences with amps. It’s a cool amp that sounds great. It will hold its own np in a room of great sounding amps. Refined is a good way to describe it. Easy to dial in. Try one out if you get the chance.
Which model you rockin?

Haven’t tried a mkiii, but tried others and like the other guys said they really were nothing special. Just another forgettable bland, synthetic sounding modern amp

Honestly wasn’t that impressed with the Omegas either. There are only a handful of amps made in the 2000’s that really impressed me or imo really can rival the good amps made a long time ago. A lot of times this new stuff can seem really cool, but then you get used to it and realize that it actually is nowhere near as good still as something else you’ve already had a while (my c+ for example has often been a dethroner/truth exposer for such things)
Yep..sad & lonely.
Past/new tired designs with..IR'S!, oops
I mean mustards!

I was G.A.S.'n for one and one of my buddies talked me out of it. He said the same thing as everyone else that it was really polished.
I would love to try a Purple Nightmare. I wonder how those 2 would compare?

I was G.A.S.'n for one and one of my buddies talked me out of it. He said the same thing as everyone else that it was really polished.
I just traded my Revv Generator 120 MK3 for a darkest nightmare. I was overall underwhelmed by the Revv which I will also discuss below but the Driftwood stuff is leaps and bounds more brutal. I also liked the clean tones of the purple nightmare I had last year more than the Revv’s cleans. My darkest nightmare doesn’t have a clean channel.

I bought a Revv Generator 120 MK3 earlier this year and wanted to love it so badly. I previously had a G20 which was underwhelming. In my opinion, the Generator can pull off a ton of different tones but none of them impressed me that much. I mostly play high gain stuff and always felt like I had to boost the purple and red channels to get them where I wanted them. I currently have 9 high gain heads and have had about 20 over the last couple of years and the Revv was one of the most disappointing as far as being really brutal on its own. That being said, as far as versatility goes, the generator is in a class of its own with built in load and built in Two Notes software. If what you’re playing doesn’t require super high gain metal tones, and you will be recording a lot, this thing is truly remarkable. I’m happy to answer any other specific questions about it. As far as Revv as a company goes, there’s not a company with better communication or customer service that I have ever dealt with.

If you want an amp with insane tonal versatility but doesn’t have the built in IR stuff, the KSR Gemini is absolutely phenomenal. Almost too many tone shaping options but, overall, sounds way better and gets way more aggressive than the Revv Generator and can be had for about $1K cheaper. Running a Gemini into an external Two Notes product would blow the Revv out of the water.

If you want an amp with insane tonal versatility but doesn’t have the built in IR stuff, the KSR Gemini is absolutely phenomenal. Almost too many tone shaping options but, overall, sounds way better and gets way more aggressive than the Revv Generator and can be had for about $1K cheaper. Running a Gemini into an external Two Notes product would blow the Revv out of the water.
I have a KSR Ares which replaced my KSR Orthos. I thought that the Orthos was just a 2 channel Ares but I actually prefer the Ares. It's a bit more aggressive which I like.

I had a friend loan me a Gemini for a couple weeks and that's a lot of amp. If I was someone who needed a multichannel amp I would definitely have one.

My friend who advised me against a Revv is who got me playing KSR stuff. Maybe some good advice for the OP.

I'm going to try a stereo configuration tonight

Attachments

• 20211129_194103.jpg
    20211129_194103.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 50
I have a KSR Ares which replaced my KSR Orthos. I thought that the Orthos was just a 2 channel Ares but I actually prefer the Ares. It's a bit more aggressive which I like.

I had a friend loan me a Gemini for a couple weeks and that's a lot of amp. If I was someone who needed a multichannel amp I would definitely have one.

My friend who advised me against a Revv is who got me playing KSR stuff. Maybe some good advice for the OP.

I'm going to try a stereo configuration tonight
What are you looking for in an amp? I’ve been through a GAS frenzy with amps over the last year and a half. I know this is an amp that gets some hate, but I love my Peavey Invective 120. In my mind it was easy to sell the Revv because the Invective, to my ears, pulls off what the Revv is trying to pull off without the technological bells and whistles. Another amp I got not too long ago is the Laboga Mr. Hector. Very simple 2 channel amp that gets plenty heavy and has a good (not great) clean channel. My 2 favorite amps that I currently own are my Diezel D-Moll and my MI Audio Gemini. The MI Audio stuff is hard to come by. The Diezel D-Moll has the best clean channel of all my amps and is crushing. Diezels are a more fat-bottomed gain but this can be tightened up on the amp and can get really tight with a good OD like a Savage, Direwolf, Angry tree, etc

What are you looking for in an amp? I’ve been through a GAS frenzy with amps over the last year and a half. I know this is an amp that gets some hate, but I love my Peavey Invective 120. In my mind it was easy to sell the Revv because the Invective, to my ears, pulls off what the Revv is trying to pull off without the technological bells and whistles. Another amp I got not too long ago is the Laboga Mr. Hector. Very simple 2 channel amp that gets plenty heavy and has a good (not great) clean channel. My 2 favorite amps that I currently own are my Diezel D-Moll and my MI Audio Gemini. The MI Audio stuff is hard to come by. The Diezel D-Moll has the best clean channel of all my amps and is crushing. Diezels are a more fat-bottomed gain but this can be tightened up on the amp and can get really tight with a good OD like a Savage, Direwolf, Angry tree, etc
It's funny, the D-Moll is an amp I've wanted to try for awhile now but it seems to have enough negative reviews that I always pause. I got the Revv 100P MK3 last week and again, it was an amp that I read a lot of somewhat negative reviews about that I should have listened, because to me the Revv is very boring. The Invective seems to be in the same camp as well, lots of unfavorable reviews. Just enough to scare me away from purchasing one.

My purple nightmare didn’t last long. Was too polite and smooth for me, no wow factor in it really, but very different sounding than the Revv. Probably would’ve liked it better than the Revv, but never compared them. I remember the Revv being more modern and compressed. My Wizard and iic+ completely humiliated the Purple Nightmare and terribly exposed everywhere the amp was lacking tonally. Seemed like a pretty good amp though before comparing it to others, but never really sounded great

Back