Revv Generator experiences?

None of the revisions have done anything for me personally, they're far too behaved, slick, and modern for me. They sound like a pre-made sneap sound in a box imo.

But if you're after that sort of sound I'm sure they deliver it in spades. Glenn Fricker seems to arch steaming loads of jizzum everywhere about the revv stuff, so it appeals to someone.

I guess if you're into that satellite radio metal sound its probably one of the top options.

None of the revisions have done anything for me personally, they're far too behaved, slick, and modern for me. They sound like a pre-made sneap sound in a box imo.

But if you're after that sort of sound I'm sure they deliver it in spades. Glenn Fricker seems to arch steaming loads of jizzum everywhere about the revv stuff, so it appeals to someone.

I guess if you're into that satellite radio metal sound its probably one of the top options.
Yeah that's what I'm afraid of, and noticed with the earlier version. Could have been a MkI, not sure actually. So to your ear they're just adding features and not changing the voicing much?

Yeah that's what I'm afraid of, and noticed with the earlier version. Could have been a MkI, not sure actually. So to your ear they're just adding features and not changing the voicing much?
yes, that's correct.

The big deal with the mark iii revision was that they added IR stuff, if i remember right.

That revv purple channel is like THE sneap/modern metal rhythm sound, and they haven't changed it on any of the generators that i've played.

I haven't played any of the smaller amps so I couldnt comment on those.

yes, that's correct.

The big deal with the mark iii revision was that they added IR stuff, if i remember right.

That revv purple channel is like THE sneap/modern metal rhythm sound, and they haven't changed it on any of the generators that i've played.

I haven't played any of the smaller amps so I couldnt comment on those.
Ok thanks for the feedback, appreciated.

I like modern and classic tones.

Never heard a demo that made me want to go out and buy one. Maybe it’s just my ear.

I like modern and classic tones.

Never heard a demo that made me want to go out and buy one. Maybe it’s just my ear.
Same here, I almost grabbed one to try because you never always quite know until you try them with your rig. I opted for the PT-15, but would still like to try one.

you never always quite know until you try them with your rig.
Exactly this. The thing I've found with recordings is that you can make a great amp sound bad (most demos really) but you can't make a bad one sound great.

So the lack of good sounding demos is not a deal breaker for me, but it sure is nice when someone competent does a good one.

Exactly this. The thing I've found with recordings is that you can make a great amp sound bad (most demos really) but you can't make a bad one sound great.

So the lack of good sounding demos is not a deal breaker for me, but it sure is nice when someone competent does a good one.
Oh yeah, agreed. You can only glean so much from a demo but a good representation is def helpful and a good starting point. I need to check and see if any newer demos have been made for the Rev.

Out of all my amps it’s the worst lol mark iii I have.
Feature set is amazing
Look is great
But it just doesn’t have the goods.

Moves no air
I find it boring and sterile in a bad way.
Also the gain structure is odd to me.
Totally not impressed. Everyone who comes by to try it says the same thing.

Also I feel the ir sounds better than through a cab lol 🤷‍♂️

That’s just my 2 cents
Buy a omega

I've found that the Mark III has a fuzzy, low mid grind to it's channels with a very smooth but able to be bright top end to it on the gain channels. The clean is pretty good but not the best I've heard. I find the amp can get really muddy quickly because of the low mid focus fuzzy grind it has, if you listen to a lot of videos on youtube you can pick it out everytime no matter how it's dialed in. The voicing is very unique and a guy would really have to play one to see if he likes it. To me it's a very different sounding amp, the feature set is very good.

Revv is here to stay because you just fire one up and it sounds heavy out of the can. Jack of all trades, master of none yet because a band has yet to find a place for it. All you need is one great album with a Revv driving it and that will be the next wave of people trying to source them out. Two Notes Torpedo out makes this ready for any situation. That's the best cab simulator around. I would get one if I had a studio or was in heavy band that wanted something new.

BTW, the Revv distortion pedals are great. They are like these pre-amp pedals that blur the lines.

Revv is here to stay because you just fire one up and it sounds heavy out of the can. Jack of all trades, master of none yet because a band has yet to find a place for it. All you need is one great album with a Revv driving it and that will be the next wave of people trying to source them out. Two Notes Torpedo out makes this ready for any situation. That's the best cab simulator around. I would get one if I had a studio or was in heavy band that wanted something new.

BTW, the Revv distortion pedals are great. They are like these pre-amp pedals that blur the lines.
There’s plenty of amps that sound heavy out of the can, and do it much better than a Revv.

Haven’t tried a mkiii, but tried others and like the other guys said they really were nothing special. Just another forgettable bland, synthetic sounding modern amp

Honestly wasn’t that impressed with the Omegas either. There are only a handful of amps made in the 2000’s that really impressed me or imo really can rival the good amps made a long time ago. A lot of times this new stuff can seem really cool, but then you get used to it and realize that it actually is nowhere near as good still as something else you’ve already had a while (my c+ for example has often been a dethroner/truth exposer for such things)

Last edited:
Yeah I got the Revv 100P MK3 last week and have been trying to dial it in. So far my impressions are that it is "refined" in a way that can definitely be a love/hate type of situation. I've been trying different boosts on top of the Aggression settings to get some more aggression but it's in spades. The amp has a very nice controllable low end imo. The feature set is outstanding but for what I need, those features likely wont outweigh my dislikes about the amp and @mhenson42 will be right and I'll send that shit packing.

My Omega Granophyre in comparison blows the Revv away so that's where the bar is set for me I guess.

Back