5150 Iconic

I'm waiting for Ola to chug it then I'll be happy. I dont care if he makes everything sound the same or uses the same equipment... I like the sounds he gets

I'm waiting for Ola to chug it then I'll be happy. I dont care if he makes everything sound the same or uses the same equipment... I like the sounds he gets

me too, Ola sounds most similar to me when playing the few amps we both have so i feel like i get a good idea, other guys i watch and i have no clue how its possible they are playing the same amp lol.

me too, Ola sounds most similar to me when playing the few amps we both have so i feel like i get a good idea, other guys i watch and i have no clue how its possible they are playing the same amp lol.

It's the cab. With high gain amps, the vast majority of the tone comes from everything in the chain after the amp itself.

Knowing that hasn't stopped me from wanting to buy a room full of kickass high gain amps though. :D

It's the cab. With high gain amps, the vast majority of the tone comes from everything in the chain after the amp itself.

Knowing that hasn't stopped me from wanting to buy a room full of kickass high gain amps though. :D
He has multiple cabs though and switches them up regularly. He just knows how to dial in a tone that sounds good to me

He has multiple cabs though and switches them up regularly. He just knows how to dial in a tone that sounds good to me

Those cabs of his don't sound the same though. Ola always plays like Ola but his sound definitely varies with his gear just like it would with anybody else. His black Mesa OS cab is by far his best sounding one and he uses it a lot. It sounds great. On the other end, he also often uses an ENGL XXL cab as well that sounds really bad no matter what he puts through it. It somehow sounds both rounded off and dull while also being hard and harsh sounding.

I would rock it. Betcha I could get a tone that works for me outta it.
Little boost-age up front...
10 band in the loop.
Decimator G string to shut it up.
Fuck yeah.
If it were a $4000 amp all the Derps would be worshiping the tone already. But it’s cheap and they hate that a cheap amp might actually sound as good as their high gain expensive “whatever” amp after they boost it with their SS pedals and make it sound just as fizzy. Lol.

If it were a $4000 amp all the Derps would be worshiping the tone already. But it’s cheap and they hate that a cheap amp might actually sound as good as their high gain expensive “whatever” amp after they boost it with their SS pedals and make it sound just as fizzy. Lol.
Found the guy who pre-ordered one :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

For your sake, I sure hope it sounds better IRL than it does in the professionally filmed and edited video that was bankrolled by the largest, most famous guitar company on the planet.

Wrong. Paid $525 cash for my Laney GH100S. I would sell my metroplex before the laney.

Found the guy who pre-ordered one :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

For your sake, I sure hope it sounds better IRL than it does in the professionally filmed and edited video that was bankrolled by the largest, most famous guitar company on the planet.

I’ve never preordered any amp and never pay retail for anything. I’ll try one for $350 used in six months if i don’t get a chance sooner. I know how fickle you goobs are here and I’m sure some of you will probably be loving the amp once you play one. Derp! Derp! Chug! Chug! 🙄

I’ve never preordered any amp and never pay retail for anything. I’ll try one for $350 used in six months if i don’t get a chance sooner. I know how fickle you goobs are here and I’m sure some of you will probably be loving the amp once you play one. Derp! Derp! Chug! Chug!
After listening to that video? I very sincerely doubt it.

Those cabs of his don't sound the same though
No I know, that was the point I was trying to make. Sometimes his rigs have a typical setup, so it's easy to say he sounds the same through all of them. However, he does in fact change some variables but I still enjoy all the tones he gets from them anyway

After listening to that video? I very sincerely doubt it.
Well for this Forum we’re going to need a good clip of someone playing either “lay it down” or just wanking 3 chords over and over tuned down 4 steps before we can make an accurate judgement. 🤣

Dear Kyle Bull,

When you finally get one of these amps to demo, PLEASE crank the gain just to demo how it sounds with the gain dimed.

Everyone who demos metal amps put the gain at 6 and say that "this amp has an unusable amount of gain, etc..." (maybe it's true), but...

Some of us like the sound of the preamp being pushed to bloody hell, and we want to hear it anyway.

Thanks man.

I don’t think it’s too bad. Kinda like a really dry dual rec, maybe ?

But yeah, definitely wanting to hear some other folks who’s demos are typically strong.

Well for this Forum we’re going to need a good clip of someone playing either “lay it down” or just wanking 3 chords over and over tuned down 4 steps before we can make an accurate judgement. 🤣

The problem definitely wasnt with that dudes playing on the video - I have no idea who he is, but he's a very solid player. So much for magic tone fingers.

I'm much more curious about the cab/mic situation and how they recorded this. It sounds so godawful bad, that as dude mentioned before, its possible that it was miced or recorded in an unusual way.

If that's a normal mic/recording setup though? No dude, that amp sounds like the sounds from the bathroom that time I put a bottle of visine in my little sister's pepsi.

The problem definitely wasnt with that dudes playing on the video - I have no idea who he is, but he's a very solid player. So much for magic tone fingers.

I'm much more curious about the cab/mic situation and how they recorded this. It sounds so godawful bad, that as dude mentioned before, its possible that it was miced or recorded in an unusual way.

If that's a normal mic/recording setup though? No dude, that amp sounds like the sounds from the bathroom that time I put a bottle of visine in my little sister's pepsi.

I’ll reserve judgement until i play one. Like someone else here said, their demo of the 5153-el43 was a fucking fizzy can of beez mess as well, but that amp kicks ass. Hopefully it’s just a shit demo.

I’ll reserve judgement until i play one. Like someone else here said, their demo of the 5153-el43 was a fucking fizzy can of beez mess as well, but that amp kicks ass. Hopefully it’s just a shit demo.

Its totally a possibility, i'll admit - but dude - LISTEN to the palm mutes at like 1:40 lmfao

It sounds like someone's fucking the cardboard box the amp got shipped in, and their balls are clapping those cardboard cheeks every time he palm mutes!

That's something that's really hard to simulate with ANY decent sounding high gain amp, no matter how badly it's miced - which makes me very skeptical

Back