Fender CEO on guitar and amp stock shortages

Samhain

Banned

Fender CEO on guitar and amp stock shortages: "We’re not optimistic at this point it’s going to get significantly better for at least two, maybe three, quarters”

Get 'em while you can!
www.musicradar.com
www.musicradar.com

The shortages aren't just reportedly affecting guitars but amps too. Mooney confirmed that Fender had increased prices "About 10% over the last 12 months" but it had now slowed demand. "It's truly remarkable, the demand that's out there. People want to use their time at home wisely and invest in activities that they really feel good about."

Mooney also revealed to CNBC that Fender had recently conducted research that found there had been "16 million new entrants" picking up the guitar since the pandemic began. That's whopping 7% of the population. This unprecedented demand has had a direct impact on company's ability to meet it.

When this entire gear bubble crashes..and it is coming...it is going to be so sweet for us all. Bide your time and gird your loins brothers, for the end of the gear tribulation draws near. The gear will flow like blood through the pages of Guitar Center used, and the wolves will feast.
I think this might happen too.... its just not realistic out there right now. Fender, or any company producing goods out there have no incentive to step up production or higher more workers to "catch up with demand" when they can get fat profits by creating the scarcity..... tried to rent a car lately? its getting interesting out there...

It is the whole thing and it's called a recession and we know who to blame.
Credit card debt soared in November to 19.8 billion from 6.6 billion in october.... when the feds raise interest rates its going to be a blood bath out there

It is the whole thing and it's called a recession and we know who to blame.
Exactly. The policy of printing of money and pumping that money into a stagnant economy while there’s a shortage of goods due primarily to a lack a people in the workforce because they’re being paid to stay home…those policies are the root cause of this.

Credit card debt soared in November to 19.8 billion from 6.6 billion in october.... when the feds raise interest rates its going to be a blood bath out there
It’s coming soon. The fed will raise the interest rates. Pretty sure all of our taxes are going up soon as well. I believe Congress will not renew the tax cuts we’ve enjoyed for the past several years. I’d love to be wrong about that, but I’m going on record here for it. We’ll see.

First you can’t tell me they didn’t anticipate any of this. Really. Second this is all being manufactured - the shortages.
Third as said above when the bubble pops it’s going to be gear confetti at reasonable prices.

5150 iconic raises its affordable price after YouTube influencers get their vids uploaded by 100.00.
Go China.

I think this might happen too.... its just not realistic out there right now. Fender, or any company producing goods out there have no incentive to step up production or higher more workers to "catch up with demand" when they can get fat profits by creating the scarcity..... tried to rent a car lately? its getting interesting out there...
BOOM!
Exactly.
Just wait and let the competition bleed out.
Fyi, I owned a landscspe construction and irrigation company for 28 years.
I decided to work for the super wealthy down
to Earth awesome clients that continued to reach out to me after I sold the company.
I get it, people need the money but they don't need
the work but holy hell, I can't even get a laborer dude for $250 cash for 8 hours and the work I do
is rad, no weedwackin' lakefronts for miles & miles ..f-it, I'll take all the money,
YOU BUNCH OF VAGINA'S.
Actually, my 13 year old son works with me around his school studies.
He wants a Tesla when he's 16.
He has strong working common sense and
will work 10 hours in the Florida fucking heat
if you pay him tall.
I don't know where I'm going with this..?

tenor.png

Where were all the high paying good jobs 40+ years ago when i had to work 3 jobs just to pay the bills ?
Sorry im almost 60 & retired. 50 years of GOP tax cuts & trickle down economics have raped the US economy.
Ive been building homes since the 1970's in Jr. high school. And working in a family grocery since i was 5 years old.
US Veteran.
Union meat cutter/Trucker/Tile setter, flooring, factory jobs, concrete, all phases of commercial & residential construction.
CNA Geriatric Nursing.
I worked shit jobs in Florida from 1988 to 1991 jobs nobody wanted. Sometimes sleeping in my truck to be first out in the morning @ 04:00. Ive been covered in fire ants throwing sod for 16 hr days on Million dollar properties in the Florida sun.
Every job ive ever had were 16 hr days including the Military.
No sympathy here for companies that can't find help. I get the American workers left behind angst cuz im one of them.
Excuse me if i don't give a fuck if there are nobody to wait on tables at a restaurant.
We had a robust labor force until 2016 then that changed, and we all know why & by who.
The bankrupt "businessman" Has Fucked up everybody's business, just like his own, it was predictable & preventable.

Last edited:
When this entire gear bubble crashes..and it is coming...it is going to be so sweet for us all. Bide your time and gird your loins brothers, for the end of the gear tribulation draws near. The gear will flow like blood through the pages of Guitar Center used, and the wolves will feast.
Correction... When the everything bubble pops, which it will, it's going to be hell on earth.

:hys::hys::hys::hys:

tenor.png

Where were all the high paying good jobs 40+ years ago when i had to work 3 jobs just to pay the bills ?
Sorry im almost 60 & retired. 50 years of GOP tax cuts & trickle down economics have raped the US economy.
Ive been building homes since the 1970's in Jr. high school. And working in a family grocery since i was 5 years old.
US Veteran.
Union meat cutter/Trucker/Tile setter, flooring, factory jobs, concrete, all phases of commercial & residential construction.
CNA Geriatric Nursing.
I worked shit jobs in Florida from 1988 to 1991 jobs nobody wanted. Sometimes sleeping in my truck to be first out in the morning @ 04:00. Ive been covered in fire ants throwing sod for 16 hr days on Million dollar properties in the Florida sun.
Every job ive ever had were 16 hr days including the Military.
No sympathy here for companies that can't find help. I get the American workers left behind angst cuz im one of them.
Excuse me if i don't give a fuck if there are nobody to wait on tables at a restaurant.
We had a robust labor force until 2016 then that changed, and we all know why & by who.
The bankrupt "businessman" Has Fucked up everybody's business, just like his own, it was predictable & preventable.
The trickle down economics would work nationally, but is nullified at the state and local levels with heavy taxation, regulation, zoning and permitting and how did the workforce collapse in 2016?I must have missed that

The trickle down economics would work nationally, but is nullified at the state and local levels with heavy taxation, regulation, zoning and permitting.
Its been proven [not] to work by every decent reputable economist since the 1970's.
And even if it did work that would require corrupt Politicians & Corporations to do the right thing on the "honor system" which also clearly does not work.
Most Corporations pay 0.00 in taxes and skirt regulations because they have Congress on the payroll.
Where does that leave average folks ? without a J-O-B with a living wage.
Republicans cut Corporate taxes/make middle class pay for it/Triple the deficit and when a Democrat is elected has to fix it & put taxes where they should have been or raise them because everything is Fucked with the economy then GOP calls them "tax & spent Liberals."
Ive seen this bait & switch all my life.
It works great for Corporations.
trickle-down-joke.png
9.png
Trickle_Down_Myth.jpg

download (4) (1).jpg

Last edited:
Its been proven [not] to work by every decent reputable economist since the 1970's.
And even if it did work that would require corrupt Politicians & Corporations to do the right thing on the "honor system" which also clearly does not work.
Most Corporations pay 0.00 in taxes and skirt regulations because they have Congress on the payroll.
Where does that leave average folks ? without a J-O-B with a living wage
View attachment 102933

2016-2020

Unemployment drops, New jobs grew. Discuss?

fredgraph_8.png

Back